S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

reminder... stopping distance is longer in the rain...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Default RE: reminder... stopping distance is longer in the rain...

most body shops fully detail teh car before they return it. when i got mine back it was like looking at a brand new car. Even smelt new.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:22 PM
1st Gear

HORSE ****... I was SUPPOSED to have my baby back LAST friday, at least thats what I was told last thursday, friday morning rolls around and i was told the beginning of this week... so I called the body shop today and these ******** are telling me that he can't give me an estimated time of me getting my car back because they found something wrong with one of the headlight assemblies and had to order a new one (which i don't mind because now i'll have to brand new ones instead of one) but, i got my hopes up to be behind the wheel of my baby, and boom, my wishes are shattered... this blows... i hate that dude in the F350... i don't care what any insurance company says, this whole thing is his fault!!!!

Old 11-01-2005, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

That sux, hope you get it back soon! Yo, fins a way to make that other guys life miserable!

Old 11-04-2005, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

I JUST GOT BACK FROM PICKING MY BABY UP!!!

and i might say, the body shop did an excellent job, despite some horror stories i've heard about the place... i still have to bring the car back next week though, and you guys might be able to help with this, the tech was saying that he thinks my car came with some kind of auto leveling in the headlights, was this common on the B5 2000 S4? either way, if it wasn't there before, it will be soon... oh, and i cannot use my windshield washers just yet, which i rarely used anyway...

i seriously have no idea when the last time i was this happy was... and i'm sure anyone of you that have been without your baby for any extended period of time can relate to me on this one!!!

aaahhh, its celebration time... burning some new cd's now, and gonna drive around to make up for lost time!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 02:39 AM
2nd Gear

I feel for ya, dude. Just got done driving a Ford Focus Rental Appliance ( not really a CAR ) for almost 3 weeks, while my DAUGHTER got to drive MY Audi. ( she's only 17 - can't drive rental )
She got rear'ended in her car by a postal truck and pushed into a Toyo Tundra in front of her.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:47 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: psyct1

I JUST GOT BACK FROM PICKING MY BABY UP!!!

and i might say, the body shop did an excellent job, despite some horror stories i've heard about the place... i still have to bring the car back next week though, and you guys might be able to help with this, the tech was saying that he thinks my car came with some kind of auto leveling in the headlights, was this common on the B5 2000 S4? either way, if it wasn't there before, it will be soon... oh, and i cannot use my windshield washers just yet, which i rarely used anyway...

i seriously have no idea when the last time i was this happy was... and i'm sure anyone of you that have been without your baby for any extended period of time can relate to me on this one!!!

aaahhh, its celebration time... burning some new cd's now, and gonna drive around to make up for lost time!!!
freaking retards... not even 24 hours after getting my car back i'm meeting a friend at the mall, backing into the parking spot and a guy came to the window and was like "hey man, you're POURING coolant from the front of your car", i checked the temp gauge and cut the car off right away, got out, popped the hood and yep, NO MORE coolant left in the car... after looking around the guy and i noticed the lower radiator hose was completely disconnected from the radiator!!! WTF!?!?!? i was so pissed, i let her cool down, checking out the "sights" in the mall, trying to keep a cool head... had my friend take me to an advanced auto parts to get coolant, figured i could fix it myself, went back to my car, since it was like three hours later, i figured it was plenty cooled down... i'm thinking there would be some kind of hose clamp on the hose to connect it, and was pissed at first because i couldn't find one, so i'm thinking they just didn't put one on there, or didn't put it on very tight for it to fall off, then i realized there was no need for a clamp, and what probaby happened is the idiots at the shop didn't push the hose in hard enough before they slid the lock back into place... thats not what i am worried the most about though, i couldn't find any of the coolant required for the engine (g12 a8), audi isn't open on sundays, and the closest dealer to me is about a 45 minute drive... will my baby survive the trip with the regular prestone coolant, or should i have her towed to the audi dealer for them to put the correct coolant in?

sorry for the long winded, just figured i'd share how much luck i've had with my green bullet since i've gotten her...