S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

SAI problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Unhappy SAI problems

I'm getting P1411 and p1423. I've checked fuses (all good), and everything (that I could find) per the Benltley Manual. The combination valves, under vacuum, will open and I can blow through them. If I jump the relay, I can get the SAI pump motor going, it just seems to not turn on at start up as it is supposed to. Following advice from other posts, I've looked over vacuum lines and everything is tight. What am I missing? I'm going to buy the Vag diagnostic tool from Ross Tech, will this help me diagnose? Where do the vacuum lines that go to the combination valves come off of? I need to get through emissions by the end of this month.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 PM

Sounds electrical.

I'm not completely familiar with all the individual components of the SAI but I'll give some ideas.

I believe the SAI Solenoid Valve 112 controls the pump motor check its all of it's connections if there's no vacuum supply to the solenoid valve, it can't open the diaphrams to allow air from the pump to discharge.

It sounds as if whatever sensor that tells the ECU that the pump needs to run because its a cold start isn't working properly.
Common sense wants me to assume that this is simply the Coolant Temp Sensor. I know you aren't throwing a code for it but maybe it's still within normal parameters for operating temps but doesn't read lower temps.

This is pretty much all guessing but hopefully it'll give you some ideas.