S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: stupid question

I bought it a month ago yesterday, well, I picked it up a month ago... she had 49,000 miles on her... not bad for only paying $19,000 for it huh? Took it to an Audi dealer right after I picked her up, and they told me I pretty much stole the car from the dealer I bought it from...

here are some pictures of her for anyone that is interested... the only thing I've done to her so far is put 18% tint all the way around (except windshield)... Click here, then click on "My New S4"

ORIGINAL: kcp1989

a little off topic but how many miles did it have when you bought?
looking to get into an s4 myself

Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

Your S4 looks great, but what's the story on your Skyline? How long have you had it, what year is it and are you driving it legally in the US or elsewhere?

Old 09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
1st Gear

I had the Skyline since, October of 2003, I bought it off of my EX fiancee's brother in law while I was stationed in Japan. I owned it until last month... That car gave me nothing but problems, it was a '93 GTS25 (RB25DE engine, same as GTR, minus two turbos and a 100 cc's, hense the RB26DETT)... the story, in May of this year, I was rear ended by a friend of mine driving an Isuzu Amigo, then about two weeks after that, I was at a bar I used to go to frequently in a little town outside of Tokyo, Japan and some a$$hole(s) kicked 6 dents into it... I received some money from my insurance company in japan (went straight towards my down payment on the S4) and gave the Skyline to another Marine I was stationed with out there...

Kinda long winded but thats the story...

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Your S4 looks great, but what's the story on your Skyline? How long have you had it, what year is it and are you driving it legally in the US or elsewhere?

Old 09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
4th Gear

Well I hope you have better luck with your S4. I've had a car(Supra) vandalized before and you just want to choke those people. To catch them sometime in the act would be so great. It would begin a very satisfying beating. And you know those people are huge cowards.

I was asking about the Skyline because I also have been looking at the G35driver forum and the Skyline is the holy grail over there, kinda like the RS cars here. I think if you just make something unavailable, or even just expensive, fans will drool over the top dog. I'm going to the SEMA show in Nov, so I am hoping to narrow down what I am going to get soon. I'm definately not a ricer(not all G35s are rice) and think that I may want another German car to join my current one. That's why I'm checking out the S4. I'm hoping that Audi will be represented somewhere at the show as most manufacturers will have some presence there.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 AM
1st Gear

Well let me tell you, if you are going to go Skyline (not G35, even though the Infiniti G35 is still a Skyline in Japan), you have to go GT-R... It is the only one worth a damn... To be completely honest, my S4 is A HELL OF a lot more fun to drive... and although my Skyline was N/A, my S4 BLOWS THE DOORS off of her...

Oh, and if you are looking for a lot of fun, for much cheaper, go R32 GT-R, they are much lighter, have the same engine, and have faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, stock that is... of course anything can be modded!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

no it's rocket launchers! lol either that or a self destruct button. jm it is sensors. has anybody seen transporter 2? I want that flip screen where you have to enter in a code before you can start that car. That'd be something to invest in. hehe

Old 09-21-2005, 07:34 PM
2nd Gear

you back in the states now? I bet those kick dents came from the US plates. I worry about that in Germany. the square plate identifies the car long before the little usa in the corner confirms the owner is American. Shouldn't have too many problems stateside; unless the punk in the honda with coffee can exhaust holds a grudge for smokin' him.
ORIGINAL: psyct1

I had the Skyline since, October of 2003, I bought it off of my EX fiancee's brother in law while I was stationed in Japan. I owned it until last month... That car gave me nothing but problems, it was a '93 GTS25 (RB25DE engine, same as GTR, minus two turbos and a 100 cc's, hense the RB26DETT)... the story, in May of this year, I was rear ended by a friend of mine driving an Isuzu Amigo, then about two weeks after that, I was at a bar I used to go to frequently in a little town outside of Tokyo, Japan and some a$$hole(s) kicked 6 dents into it... I received some money from my insurance company in japan (went straight towards my down payment on the S4) and gave the Skyline to another Marine I was stationed with out there...

Kinda long winded but thats the story...

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Old 09-22-2005, 10:58 AM
1st Gear

I wouldn't doubt it... it was either the big *** "Y" on my license plate or the fact that everyone at that bar knew my car, and were pissed cause my friends and I would steal their women every weekend...

either way, didn't bother me, when it happened I had already received the payment from my insurance company from when I got rear ended!

Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

i like the button idea "child ejection seat" but about that screen ive seen it in the new a8's it doesn't make that cool sound like it did in the movie. but one of the buttons you hit makes it pop out, its a suprising piece of audiwork.