Interesting... thank you!
4 questions come to mind:
1. Is Tranny Chip and TCU same thing? or different?
2. Were the two links you sent me for same procedure ... just one with pics and one described in PDF?
3. Where can I buy TCM?
4. What else do I need to do procedure? I've read something about VAG Com?
thanks so much... this is very helpful.
3. mmmm .... try clairparts.com or ecsTuning.com or dealership [:-]
4. Don't think you need to VAG anything. Disconnect the battery before replacement. When done, keep your key in ignition in ON position (cluster lights on) for around 3 minutes, and then start the car.
Someone else can chime in for VAG procedure.
Hope you get it fixed. Its frusturating.