Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

My rebuttal to JohnnyB's Ebonic weather report

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Senior Administrator
Default My rebuttal to JohnnyB's Ebonic weather report

Dis be fo YOU, JohnnyBravo, Njoi, ya-HEARD!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: My rebuttal to JohnnyB's Ebonic weather report

ha that ***** is funny.. heard it b4, there is a few of those one with george carlin doing a translation of ebonics. after i got that response i re read the post, probibly shouldnt have posted it, but when i read it at first all i did was laugh because last time i was with my uncle we were talking about language and everything that has been going on with english and the language or languages spoken in this counrty and he sent that to me.. i can understand some spanish and Italion and i know how to sgin. I dont know if Ebonics will ever be a actual respected language but i think your right in the effect that if someone can exploit it, and make money off it we will see more of it..

Old 08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Tho ONLY thing that bothers ME about languages, if how poeple always want someone ELSE to be able to speak THEIR labnguage (or, dialect, as in teh case of regionalism), but won't take the time or effort to try to learn someone elses. This is almost EXCLUSIVELY an American trait. If you go to just about ANY other country, they learn the languages of those they WANT to do business with. The "coin of teh realm," so to speak. But NOT Americans. "We" tend to expect the rest of teh planet to speak OUR language, no matter where we happen to be/go. As an American I find that embarrasing.[]

Old 08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
4th Gear

If I were to be doing buisness in other countrys, then I might consider. but I don't well almost. but in cuba and bahama's, the ones that I converse with allready speek english. good point though.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Senior Administrator

Not preachin, ya unnerstan' but, in MY experiences in literally DOZENS of other countries, speaking in THEIR language not only impresses them, it smoothes pathways you dint een know were less than smooth. Think about it, how do YOU feel when some "foreigner" comes up to yu, here in America, and speaks ONLY in theor own language? Now, how do you feel when they speak to you in YOUR language? Whole different set of feelings, huh?

Whenever I happen to come across someone who in a native of Germany I try to speak a little of their language to them. You shuld see how their eyes light up at the incongruity of ME, a random American, speaking their language... The same for Italians. I'm casually learning Spanish, too, from my daily interactions with them. I even try to order in Spanish, at MickeyD's, or BurgerThing, Wednesday's, et-al... It's often good for a l'il sunthin Xtra in my bag. A Cookie, or two, extra fries, what-have-you. Language is a wonderful thing. You should try speakin a l'il Espanish, next time your on the phone with Raul...

Whan I lived in Italy I eventually became fluent enough tht whenever I had my monthly dealings with my Landlord, he spoke English and I spoke Italian. For the better part of two years we conversed that way, even when we bumped into each other in 'il Mercato... It was fun.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:32 AM
3rd Gear

You bastard!!! I just spit red wine all over my freaking couch! LOL. That was some of the best crap I have ever heard!

Old 08-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Senior Administrator

have you heard duck job?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:08 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Dis be fo YOU, JohnnyBravo, Njoi, ya-HEARD!
haha, i've heard that somewhere before