Weird sound when giving contact - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > General > Sights N Sounds
Weird sound when giving contact >

Weird sound when giving contact

Sights N Sounds Upload and Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Audis, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Weird sound when giving contact

Old 11-03-2018, 12:49 AM
arQ
1st Gear
Question Weird sound when giving contact

Hi guys, I'm a recent member of the Audi owners club and this is my first thread, so here goes;

I bought a used A3 8P two months ago (130.000 km), 2.0 TFSI model 2006 Sportback. Anyway, in past couple of days I've been hearing a weird clicking noise coming from center console area every time I turn the ignition key (doesn't matter if it's only a contact or an engine start up). Noise is similar to when a CD player is reading a newly put CD or some kind of processing sound (heartbeat rhythm). It last for a ~10 seconds. I made sure it's not a CD player or Aircon (since both have been turned off). I'm not 100% sure but I could swear it wasn't existing before.

A car had only an oxygen sensor changed (Lambda sensor) a week ago since it was faulty and I could detect a strong smell of unburned gas under the hood and in cabin. The car has been run through a computer (WAG-COM) and mechanic said it only had couple of temporary errors and one permanent (O2 sensor), so he cleared the rest. Did he messed up something and do I need to recalibrate again? I could live with that sound only if i'm sure there's a reason behind it and it's normal thing, otherwise it will bother me until I fix it (it's very quiet anyways but still). Let me hear your thoughts, thanks in advance!

Last edited by arQ; 11-03-2018 at 12:58 AM.