South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV

Rimier Motorsport Terrible Company Stay Away

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Rimier Motorsport Terrible Company Stay Away

Has anyone every dealt with this company. They have great prices listed for the few items they carry, but come to find out everything is out of stock or back ordered even though the website does not state this. Regardless, I get a call asking for my vehicle info to ensure the correct parts are sent and stating everything I wanted was out of stock, but they would have the rotors sent straingt from the manufacturer and they would upgrade the stainless lines. So, I called back and got an answering machine and gave them the required info and agreed to the terms.
Now, a week or more later, I just got a refund notice on my credit card, without any contact that my order would be canceled or any other communication.
This place is terrible, but it is the only place that has frozen rotors for the single piston front calipers on a 02 A6 2.7T and for a semi descent price.
Hope others stay away, or have had a better experience.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

I realize it has been quite some time since this was posted, but given I was recently notified of this forum post, I feel the air needs to be cleared.

I remember the details of this very well since I was the one who personally dealt with the matter. The details regarding the components being out of stock were correct. However the sequence is a little mixed up.
What bestsasco leaves out is that we attempted to contact him multiple times without ever getting a reply. He claims that he left us a message, but we never received one. He may have tried, he may have actually left one, or he may have been lying, but we never received any message via phone or email reply on our end. So rather than just sit on his money or ship him parts that he didn't actually order, we refunded his money in full. Without being able to establish contact after multiple attempts over the course of a week, I felt is was in HIS best interest to do so.
It was not until after I refunded the money that I received a phone message with him upset about us cancelling the order and refunding his money. In the same message he also stated that he was going to post all over the forums telling others not to do business with us.

bestsasco, to this day I am sorry your were inconvenienced, but you know that what we did was right for YOU given the circumstances. If we didn't hear back what did you expect us to do? I'm not going to lye, I don't believe you ever left a message, but even if you did, don't you think you maybe should have tried again or replied to one of my emails just to confirm we received it??

I probably should have just left this old thread to die, but because we truly care about our customers and we care about how we are perceived in the industry, I felt the need to share the truth.

Sincerely,

Mike
Rimier Motor Sport

Old 08-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Administrator

3 things, Mike:

1) I am glad you took the time to say your piece. Everyone should have their say.

2) I am also glad you dint decide to pollute your post with spam and links to your (I presume you have one) website; which woud have forced me to delete your otherwise well-thought reply.

3) do stick around and interact with our not-pissed-off-at-reimer-motor-sports members (I'd be willing to bet the other guy is long gone, by now, without me even looking up his post history). if you're as stand-up as you appear, there is a better than average chance that more than a few of our peeps will want to see what you have to offer.

If you're curious and/or interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor for/on our site, lemme know and I can put you in touch with the proper person. because, if you were either of those, you COULD pollute your posts will all kinds of spam and links, and it'd be OK!