Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2.8 12v vs. dodge cummins

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Default 2.8 12v vs. dodge cummins

i came out of school after a pretty dull day in class. about six hours worth. so im at the stop light with my b5 12v a4 quattro, not really a fast car but ive got it tuned pretty well. maybe 210 hp. then this cocky rev your engine, mommy and daddy have given him everything jackass that i know from one of my classes pulls up in his dodge cummins turbo diesel. pretty fast car with some torque to spare too. hes being a dick to the cars on both sides of him, reving his engine, blasting his music, challenging anyone willing. i took the challenge. the other light turns yellow on the opposite side and i slide the gear into first and bring my rpms to 2000. our light turns green and Jackass McAsshole over there (just for the recored, if you really couldn't tell, i dont like this kid. ive had to work for everything in my life and this kid doesnt do anything. he got three cars and a beach condo for his 16th birthday. that would be cool if he wasnt such a cocky son of a bitch that like to rub his **** in everybody else's face) hits the gas but im already ahead of him because i knew the light was coming. my exit was about half a mile, maybe less, down the freeway and there were no cars in front of us because of the stop light. so i redlined it in fist and second, almost redlined it in third, was going about 90 at the end of third gear and just dropped it in fourth and let the speedometer climb. he wasn't too far behind me but i still had the upper hand. hit about 130 before the exit started coming up and i had to slow down.
the next day in class was the real reward though. he was still all cocky and everything with his little posse outside of the classroom talking big about something. i walked up from the parking lot and his whole group just went dead silent when they saw me. i smiled to myself and went inside. felt good. thats my story. felt like sharing.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 AM
2nd Gear

Nice kill damn hoosiers with there trucks, lol.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by hahaha251251
Jackass McAsshole
haha, thats a new one, havent heard that before. So, you got a wee bit of animosity for this kid huh? is it just cuz he is cocky and spoiled or are there other reasons?

either way nice job man, kinda funny that his friends already knew that he lost to you, was one of them in the truck with him, or did he actually have the ***** to admit to people he lost?

Old 10-24-2008, 04:59 PM
2nd Gear

Good fun man...Nothing feels better than putting someone in thier place that deserves it....BUT....Your nemesis might not be able to drive worth squat....My rig is pushing 325 and my buddies '07 DCT stays right there with me up to 3rd gear because of the torque....no mods/bone stock. From there its over...Not trying to punch holes in your story or take away the glory but the numbnut screwed up his launch. Either way...who cares...now you have braggin rights.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:25 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by prbayha
Good fun man...Nothing feels better than putting someone in thier place that deserves it....BUT....Your nemesis might not be able to drive worth squat....My rig is pushing 325 and my buddies '07 DCT stays right there with me up to 3rd gear because of the torque....no mods/bone stock. From there its over...Not trying to punch holes in your story or take away the glory but the numbnut screwed up his launch. Either way...who cares...now you have braggin rights.
You are right but it could hqve been a little older and slow... maybe a 12v cummins too. But if he is that cocky, he probably is a crappy driver. Worthless pos!(not the truck )

Old 10-25-2008, 08:12 PM

it was an older one. and he might not be able to drive well. he's from la i think. one of his friends was in the truck. otherwise he might have said that we tied or something. but im happy that he got kicked down a notch. as far as i can tell, this is one of the first car vs. trucks on this site too.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Slut

its funny that his truck is much more easily modified than your Audi. He could really make some huge torque numbers with not too much money if he knew what he was doing, or wanted to. You have to be weary racing turbo diesels, a they can be very fast. Cummins especially.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 AM

for sure. i had a friend back in school that had a 2001 dctd and he put a huge turbo in it and cranked out like 500 for the torque. that thing was bad ***.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:12 PM
SoCal Crew Member

haha nice dude, i had an 12v back in highschool, and when i finally got a b5 S4, i put quite a few kids with stangs, bimmers, mercedes', in their places; which were a few carlengths back

Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 PM

very nice. wish i had the money for an s4 but college is sucking the life out of me.