Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Punked' a G35 then got Punked' by a g35 (kinda, not really)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Punked' a G35 then got Punked' by a g35 (kinda, not really)

ORIGINAL: scg87

Okay, I did forget about the Stillen. Their Stage 1 kit is pretty weak. If that's all it had, and w/ your exhaust, I can see the outcome you said. Any good FI kit, though, puts those cars in the low 13's easily, and seing as you work at an Infiniti dealer, I'm sure you know that the VQ series really shines up top. I was just slightly put off by the fact that you "punked a G35", simply becasue the guy was mature enough to not give into racing someone. Maybe he was scared, maybe he wasn't, but either way, I wouldn't consider that punking him. But it's cool, no beef here. Good luck when you come across one w/ the Greddy TT kit or an ATI Procharger though, lol.[8D]
no beef?
ha, yeah right.....

sorry for saying i punked the guy for not racing but he did have the all the sighns goin' on that his car was pretty hooked up... so i was exited to play with him... all show - no go i guess...

would you just read the story, enjoy it... and leave it alone now? thanks.

p.s. i am good friends with someone who already has g35sw/ thegreddy TT (with pistons and rods) pushing over 500 hp......... believe me, i know what those cars are capable of....

Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Damn dude, G35's got nothing going for them , they simply look fast while we.. are simply fast. GANGSTA **** lol

Old 06-09-2007, 06:20 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: S4RiddeR

Damn dude, G35's got nothing going for them , they simply look fast while we.. are simply fast. GANGSTA **** lol
That was guite a uhm, ......... stu, er..... bold comment.......

Old 06-09-2007, 11:49 PM
SoCal Crew Member

vnv727..... i don't know why you keep saying "guys" i hope you are not reffering me to be aggreeing with anyone else...

i only posted my little story on here so people could read and enjoy it... i'm not talking any sh*t and i have nothing against g35's

Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 AM
SoCal Crew Member

oh, ok.... were cool don't worry

Old 06-10-2007, 03:36 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i like g35's and doesnt VRT make a really good supercharger for them? ah well, nice to see our v8 slap one.. my friend has the 07 with 300hp, which is supposed to be like 5.2 -60 or something i like that car a lot but i light him up pretty bad when we go.... its the torque

Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 AM

Um not to start any flame wars but the 2005-2007 G35C make 298 HP, not 288 HP, new sedans make 306. Something you think you should know if you work at an Infiniti Dealer. Also G35's are 2nd best selling intro level luxury cars in the states trailing the KING BMW 3, so you are right that everyone and their mom has one (for a reason ehmm). The 2003-2005 make 280 HP. The Stillen Superchargers put MINIMUM 390 flywheel for the 2005-2007, and 369 flywheel for 2004-2006. Both are Stage 1. Both are alot more than a 340HP, 3800LB, S4.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STISUPR02&c=PE

Stillen isn't even the best SC for the G35 for HP, and i doubt it was a Stillen if it appeared stock. All Stillen SC require a new hood, mostly cheap aftermarket and given your description of it being stock, i doubt it was a Stillen SC.

So by your measure the G35 shouldve blown you away and I highly doubt an exhaust adds 15 HP (cmon, your not a Honda Civic driver) your lucky at 8 HP on a tuned exhaust = S4 only at 250 MAX, but of course races are not measured by HP, it is by the skill of the drivers. G35 are also lighter than your S4, but you have the AWD launch advantage. So I highly doubt you would actually be able to pass the G if you were not be able to get him off the launch. The only way you probably beat that G35 was A) he was a kid and doesn't know how to drive B) something your not telling us.

I know that is a bit of an assault rather than a comment, but it really gets me mad when S4 drivers think they are all that and have better cars than everyone else, especially JDMs. The facts are S4s are fast for a stock car (own 90% of **** on the road including stock G35C) but cant match up to tuned performance cars (STi, EVO), never mind a FI car. If you had an RS4, completely different story. Your probably thinking im some G35 fanboy, no, I own a 2001 Audi A4 2.8 PES supercharged (~280 HP), a 1994 3000GT VR4 (DR500s @ 15 PSI, Stage 3 Headers, Borla exhaust, Tanabe Downpipe, double plate clutch, HKS sequential BOV, HKS DS boost controller = viper eater), and the family car is the 2004 BMW 330I. I am looking at getting rid of the Audi and getting a 2006 G35C or a 2002-Present M3 when the prices begin to drop. But despite that i love my Audi, and if it didnt keep falling apart I might have looked into a S4, but i need something more reliable right now.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: vnv727

^ pure idiocy......wtf you guys dont seem to realize a 2003 g35 coup does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.....thats like right on par with a stock b5s4.......seriously guys theyre are alot of faster cars for alot less money than then b5s4....i still want a b5 s4 dont get me wrong, but its not because I want the fastest car possible...I want a good looking, subtle, awd car, that is fast and damn safe= Audi

Agree with you exactly, I bought my Audi for the well appointed interior, the unbeatable AWD, and that safety triangle in the trunk, haha. Before i had the SC put in, I used to plan my merges and constantly used to be put to shame when trying to pass some newer Accords and Camrys, so trust me not for performance. You should see the looks of some S4 (prior 2003) drivers when they see my A4 2.8 (after it got blown) rip their 50k car apart, I was still young then when i had the SC put in; if i was a bit older I wouldn't touch the engine bay. My VR4 was my first obsession, and thus it gets all the performance attention and who can blame me for that.

Ha sorry to OP, i didnt know you were not hating on Gs. I assumed, and made an *** out of myself. Hope you accept my apology.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: CaMRoN

Um not to start any flame wars but the 2005-2007 G35C make 298 HP, not 288 HP, new sedans make 306. Something you think you should know if you work at an Infiniti Dealer. Also G35's are 2nd best selling intro level luxury cars in the states trailing the KING BMW 3, so you are right that everyone and their mom has one (for a reason ehmm). The 2003-2005 make 280 HP. The Stillen Superchargers put MINIMUM 390 flywheel for the 2005-2007, and 369 flywheel for 2004-2006. Both are Stage 1. Both are alot more than a 340HP, 3800LB, S4.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...UPR02&c=PE

Stillen isn't even the best SC for the G35 for HP, and i doubt it was a Stillen if it appeared stock. All Stillen SC require a new hood, mostly cheap aftermarket and given your description of it being stock, i doubt it was a Stillen SC.

So by your measure the G35 shouldve blown you away and I highly doubt an exhaust adds 15 HP (cmon, your not a Honda Civic driver) your lucky at 8 HP on a tuned exhaust = S4 only at 250 MAX, but of course races are not measured by HP, it is by the skill of the drivers. G35 are also lighter than your S4, but you have the AWD launch advantage. So I highly doubt you would actually be able to pass the G if you were not be able to get him off the launch. The only way you probably beat that G35 was A) he was a kid and doesn't know how to drive B) something your not telling us.

I know that is a bit of an assault rather than a comment, but it really gets me mad when S4 drivers think they are all that and have better cars than everyone else, especially JDMs. The facts are S4s are fast for a stock car (own 90% of **** on the road including stock G35C) but cant match up to tuned performance cars (STi, EVO), never mind a FI car. If you had an RS4, completely different story. Your probably thinking im some G35 fanboy, no, I own a 2001 Audi A4 2.8 PES supercharged (~280 HP), a 1994 3000GT VR4 (DR500s @ 15 PSI, Stage 3 Headers, Borla exhaust, Tanabe Downpipe, double plate clutch, HKS sequential BOV, HKS DS boost controller = viper eater), and the family car is the 2004 BMW 330I. I am looking at getting rid of the Audi and getting a 2006 G35C or a 2002-Present M3 when the prices begin to drop. But despite that i love my Audi, and if it didnt keep falling apart I might have looked into a S4, but i need something more reliable right now.

did i ever really hate on the G? i hope you know i just had to waste 10 minutes of my busy day at work finding sites to put you in your place....

here's the exhaust..... +15hp and 20lbs of torque.... at the wheels!
http://www.stratmosphere.com/milltek_s4_exhaust_b6.htm

and here is the 2003 G35 coupe w/ manuel trany.....293hp and 258lbs of torque( i was 5hp off)
http://www.infiniti.com/g_coupe/standard_features.html

the s4 may be heavier but remember fellas torque is what moves you down the road.... stock b6 s4 is 306...... plus the exhaust...... 326lbs of torque!

i just wrote the damn story so some people would enjoy hearing it... not enjoy trying to flame it

so if you would like read the story again and enjoy reading what F-ing happend!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CaMRoN

Way to go slamming the Audi on reliability while bragging about owning what has to be the least reliable modded car of all time, the 3000GT VR4.Then you put the S4 down because it can't beat every modded car while it is stock? What a stupid arguement. I've got a few questions for you. How many modded cars on the VR4's forum actually run at all, let alone run properly without any problems? How much money have you spend on this overwieght pig you are soo proud of? And have you ever gone to a roadcourse and "eaten" a Viper? Fat chance your car would even make five laps without having a problem, let alone keeping up with a STOCK Viper. Wanna know why nobody calls their car a "3000GT eater?" Becasue nobody would care. Have a nice day, dipsh*t.

Quick Reply: Punked' a G35 then got Punked' by a g35 (kinda, not really)