Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

allroad BLAUsport suspension conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
1st Gear
Default allroad BLAUsport suspension conversion

I only have 87K on my 04 allroad, but I have finally given up on the air suspension system. I have been fortunate enough to not have any air bag problems until now, but the sensor and computer problems over the last 2 years have been too much to handle. Many of my problems have been due to the dealership in Naperville, IL (Continental Audi). I really hate to bad mouth them because they have been very courteous, and done everything they can for me as a customer. But the technicians they assigned to my car simply didn't have enough experience to be messing with the allroad suspension system.

They have cut wires, added wires, replaced level sensors many times, all in order to fix a problem. Very sloppy splicing and use of electrical tape for everything. Although their last fix has been good for almost a year, when my car started "kneeling" in the front, and the compressor would not get it up from level 1, I decided enough that was enough.

I did as much homework as I could. Because I have a bad back and cannot handle a harsh sport ride, I ruled out the 2Bennett coilovers. There was such mixed reviews on the Arnott kit, that even though they may have fixed any problems they may have had in early designs, I was open to try BLAUsport. The information on their web site (see the link below) makes me think they have done their homework, and it was much less than the Arnott kit (although price was not the main factor in my decision).

It was much more than I bargained for, but I have no regrets. It is very quiet and seems to emulate the air suspension so much it is scary. If it decides to develop problems I will be sure to post them here. But my initial impressions are very good. I like their product.

Audi Allroad Suspension – Allroad Air Suspension Conversion Kit

Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

How much should I expect to pay to have the suspension installed?