Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Control Arm Up Grades and 034 diff mount(b5)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Default Control Arm Up Grades and 034 diff mount(b5)

Doing research, adjustable upper control Ive heard are next to impossible to come by (stasis) but are there any other manufactures advailable? Im about to call 034 and talk to them but i would like some leads. What about the K-Max (or *K MAC?) adjustable bushings? i have a buddy in town thats running those on his B5 and he likes them alot saying they are an alternative to the Stasis units even though its addressing a different part for the same problems/adjustments.

PS If i go with the forward poly diff mount (rear) through 034 will i be tearing my other mounts or hardware up until i can upgrade everything else to poly? my mount is TOAST and needs to be replaced asap but i wana put in a purpous tuned unit that will suit the goals for my b5.

Thanks,
Conor

Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
4th Gear

Stern has been offering a set of adjustable control arms for a few years now. They dont stay in stock very long which means you have to order them from a Stern dealer a head of time.

No you wont tear up the other mounts if you only replace the rear diff mount. It just helps reduce the up/down movement of the rear diff. Another way to reduce the movement is the Stern Power Ring and it is way cheaper since it gets installed onto the stock rear diff mount.