Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

NOT happy with S Line suspension--SUGGESTIONS WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 01:29 PM
1st Gear
Default NOT happy with S Line suspension--SUGGESTIONS WANTED

By the way, searching for "S Line" with the search function is very difficult. Anyway, I know I'm gonna get flamed here but let's call a spade a spade. I hate my S Line suspension on my 2012 A3. I have been a long time poster over at TDI Club with my Jetta but I longed the last couple years to have a diesel Audi. Not much Audi traffic there. It seems I have been goose chasing my dissatisfaction in the ride until the last couple days when I realized it might be the suspension that's irking me. I kinda noticed when I test drove the car but didn't think too much about it as I usually do not make hasty decisions on a one time experience. It seems it was rougher than an A3 I had drove a few months earlier but I do not recall the suspension it had. That being said, I'm not sure there is another suspension for the TDI.

So long story short, I did not mod my Jetta and had no intentions of modding the A3 but I will. I've already chucked the Conti's as that seemed to be the most likely culprit of the rough ride. Michelins are better but the problem is still apparent and I see that it's probably my suspension. I'm not sure any amount of research would have yielded me any different results as it seems most people desire the S-Line. So I would have probably been ok with the decision based on the positive feedback. Nonetheless, it's not for me. I hate it. I may call the dealer and see if they can me another car but I thought it might be easier to just change the shocks and springs. Overall I love the car, hate the ride. So will shocks and springs do it? Or will I need to change a few other components as well to acheive the desired results? I hate to spend money on this but I need something softer, something that can take bumps in the road better. If it's possible, I am considering some VAG shocks and springs from a Golf. I have thus far read the US spec VW's are much softer than the Audi's. After driving my Jetta for 6 1/2 years, that's more of the ride I want. Sorry for sounding like such a noob but like I said, modding my VAG ride was never my intention.