VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Disable Headlight Washers via VAGCOM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Default Disable Headlight Washers via VAGCOM?

So, the headlight washers in my B5 are driving me crazy. this the second time one of the covers fell of.. and i just realized the clips in one of the nozzles are broken.I was wondering if there's anyway I can use the VAGCOM to disable the washers? Any ideas?

or is there anyway I can just get rid of the nozzle without causing any problem? TIA!!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

Take the bumper off and remove them. I just took mine out and glued the caps on the bumper.

fyi you have to block the washer fluid hose with something. I used silicone and it worked perfectly.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Site Moderator

There are two pumps, just disconnect the wiring to the headlight washer pump. Done.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 AM

thanks guys..

@auditech79: any specific instructions on how to disconnect the wiring? I really appreciate your help. thanks!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear

Auditech79 knows whats up. I had the same issue (except when my cover popped off, it was on the freeway so I have an unsightly hole in my bumper...) and just unplugged the pump. It's easy to do, just pop the hood and on the washer fluid reservoir towards the bottom, there's a wire plugged into it, it's hard to miss so just unplug that and you'll be good. No holes to cap, no hoses to seal, and if you ever decide you want the system to work again, you can just plug it back in.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A4Cragman
Auditech79 knows whats up. I had the same issue (except when my cover popped off, it was on the freeway so I have an unsightly hole in my bumper...) and just unplugged the pump. It's easy to do, just pop the hood and on the washer fluid reservoir towards the bottom, there's a wire plugged into it, it's hard to miss so just unplug that and you'll be good. No holes to cap, no hoses to seal, and if you ever decide you want the system to work again, you can just plug it back in.
My wife originally had that plug unplugged. But now, she wanted it to work (go figure, a woman that can't make up her mind). I plugged that back in and it worked fine.

But now for some reason, it stopped working. I know that we had some work that required the removal of the bumper. Could there be another wire that the mechanic forgot to plug in?