VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

ebay vagcom.??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 PM
1st Gear
Default ebay vagcom.??!!??

i just got my ebay vagcom...and i have no idea how to install it and have it work with ross tech vagcom program...keeps telling me that the controller is not working and that it is not registered..

Old 05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ebay vagcom.??!!??

what ebay seller did you buy it from - you need drivers

Old 05-09-2007, 09:12 PM
3rd Gear

Download this - http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/...%202.00.00.zip
found here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Follow these directions - http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/usb-config.html but instead of going to the vag-com folder go to the folder that you extracted from the .zip file above.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

k let me see if i can get something working here...

Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

still not working..i think it has something to do with usb..serial...no idea

Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

i installed drivers...it put it in com4 ..tried testing it in all coms and usp..didnt work..so what next..and the search is not workin on AF for some reason..

Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 PM
3rd Gear

who did you buy the cable from? - how are you using it? - do you have the car on(accessory possition or running) are you testing it in the car? or just plugged into the laptop? does the small light on the top of the OBDII connection light up?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

bought it from shzid..from hong kong....when i plug in the usb into my computer it tells me to install..so i installed it like it says, followed the instructions exactly. found that it installed on com4..then i tried the test without it connected to the car..doesnt want to find it..when i plug it in..it finds it....then i try to autoscan for codes it says its not the registered version..then i try to go into comfort/conv..tried to do the autowindow with key...then it says that the controller isnt responding....when i autoscan it only works one the engine and one more..then stops.. i dunno what im doing wrong...also a cd came with the cable..and i was browsing around it and found some REVOFLASHII...revotechnik2003...i opened it and it looks like a tuning prog..(could it be an older version of REVO??)
.oh yeah..car is on..ON not running.and light is on from the cable..

Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 PM
3rd Gear

to check codes with the unregistered version you need to go into each controler and select fault codes. Only thing I can say about the controler not responding is that the cable might be bad - I got mine from Alpha-bid, The first one that I purchased was from Autonostics and it would not read the car when it was running, could be a similar thing - also are you using 409 or 311 - might want to try 311 - thats what I run.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

I think this is the one that others here were having problems with also. Alpha-Bid http://stores.ebay.com/alpha-bidis known to work with all versions of Vag-Com except for the latest version.

Quick Reply: ebay vagcom.??!!??