VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Fault code p1647

Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Fault code p1647

Hello all, my first post and am in need of some help. Hopefully I will be able to give some advice in the future in return

So, I bought a audi A6 (c5 2000) estate the other week, with a fault on the dash
The fault is the traction control light is continually lit on the instrument cluster, I purchased a vag.com kit and have read the fault codes.

Abs brakes, 1 fault found
18055 - check coding of ECUs on powertrain data bus
P1647 - 35-00

I spoke to the owners when viewing it first to the husband outside who said he had the problem checked and it's a wheel sensor, then I spoke to his wife who also said they had it checked and the mechanic told them that it'll pass an mot and as they're selling it to leave it? Then she slipped up a little bit and said that the mechanic also said that it'll be a waste of 400 as they were selling it.

I've searched google until my eyes are sore but have found no definite answer but a lot points to the abs/esp module.

So I'm guessing it needs a new abs/esp module from the info I've been given? but in all honestly I'm not sure???
Hopefully someone can give me a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks and any input will be mostly appreciated.
Griff

Old 12-16-2013, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

So an update if anyone stumbles accross this problem.

After much searching and many vag com plug ins I managed to figure out that the abs module had lost its coding somehow. I was told the gearbox had been replaced at some point if that would cause a problem?

So it was quite easy. Plug in the vag com and open the program, turn ignition on.

Go to options and test the link, all ok.

Go to abs, coding, change the code from 00032 to 00011 in the soft code box, press do it!

The light on the dash turns off happy days.

Press exit, exit, exit until the program closes, turn off ignition, unplug vag com lead.

Whilst I was there I turned off the active gearbox setting by going into the transmission button and the same as the abs change the code from 00000 to 00010,

Really happy now and am really enjoying learning about vag com mods.