New VAG Scan Tool - AudiForums.com

VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Default New VAG Scan Tool

Has anyone used the VAG Scan Tool advertised by ECS Tuning? It costs about $200 and seems to be able to do a lot of the basic functions. I'm curious if it is worth purchasing. Basically, I would use it to reset the service indicator and the oil change indicator/due next feature. It can also be used for brake jobs and piston retraction/reset. I must admit, I'm tired of the dealerships charging $50-100 just to reset the service indicator when I completed an oil change...ridiculous! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Are you talking about the handheld one that looks like a generic OBD2 scanner, the blue one? If so, yes it's no joke. I have both the unlocked VAGCOM on my laptop and that scanner and it's very very capable. It'll do basically anything you could need or want, far beyond resetting codes and clearing lights.