VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

VagCom- No Response from controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Default VagCom- No Response from controller

Hi guys, I'm trying to get into the 01 Engine Control Module in VagCom 409-1 but every time I try I get an error message that says:

"No Response from Controller!"

I've already got the (alpha-bid) cable connected with all drivers downloaded and the correct COM Port being referenced between VagCom and the Device Manager with Vag saying successful every time I test it. I also tried with version 3112 with the same exact results.

Help please???

Last edited by duderseb; 09-19-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:37 PM
4th Gear

did u get a real one or ebay one? ive heard some ebay ones dont work

Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
did u get a real one or ebay one? ive heard some ebay ones dont work
It's the eBay cable... And this is the second time I'm using it in the car, the first time it worked no problems, I was able to check for codes (as far as the shareware license allowed) without a problem. However, today it just isn't working, can't even check for codes again... I don't get it.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 PM
4th Gear

wow i have no idea then lol... u sure it isnt ur hookup that is faulty? i read alot on here that people say they cant get the scanner to hookup to their car... maybe ur connector port went bad?

Old 09-19-2009, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

Well the little green light is on... And it's showing up on my Hardware Manager... I've also handled it with care... I read somewhere that changing the "Baud" parameter can help... Ever heard of this? What values should I try?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:08 PM
3rd Gear

does vagcom recognize the cable when you go into the setup tab and click detect?

if no- you should google "how to change com port number"

if vagcom isnt recognizing the car- is your ABS light on? do you have an aftermarket radio?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

Yes it does test successfully and the COM Port is the correct one between VAG and my computer...

My ABS Light IS on (been on for a long time)... Does this affect the problem?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ghost6303
does vagcom recognize the cable when you go into the setup tab and click detect?

if no- you should google "how to change com port number"

if vagcom isnt recognizing the car- is your ABS light on? do you have an aftermarket radio?

Yes it does test successfully and the COM Port is the correct one between VAG and my computer...

My ABS Light IS on (been on for a long time)... Does this affect the problem?

Old 09-19-2009, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

UPDATE: I've been sitting out here in the car just messing around and this thing gets more and more strange... For some reason I can get into the 56-Radio Control Module all right... Why the heck can't I get into the engine? I would understand that my car might not have every single module that VAG supports, but I'm sure it's got a 01-Engine... lol

Please help guys, I really need to get in here to clear and diagnose some problems so I can have a car once more.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Site Moderator

Do you have an aftermarket radio? If so, disconnect your radio completely by disconnecting the wire harness. VAG-COM's are notorious for getting screwy when an aftermarket radio is involved.

Quick Reply: VagCom- No Response from controller