West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

V-Maxx C/O's

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default V-Maxx C/O's

So i got some money together and i want to lower my car along with getting some better handling. I was directed to these V-Maxx coilovers by randy and even though they are a great price has any one ever used them or ridden in a car with them installed? I would ask in the other part of the AF but i figure i ask you local guys since I trust your judgment better cause i actually know you :-) Please leave feed back Should i go for them?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Hit up Mark (.clipse) he had them on his TT.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Me and Jet installed them on my car and for the price I am happy. They are quiet and give you great adjustability. I have had them for about a year and they have been awesome.

The only thing we wish we had done differently is setup the rings about halfway up the struts before hand. We installed them screwed all the way down and the car was just about resting on the wheel well inserts.

It took something like 6 hours to get it back to a good level because once they are bolted in you have to inch them up(which takes everything you got) install the wheel and drop it off the jack. You know how annoying that can be. Imagine doing it something like a dozen times on each wheel.

I would not get to crazy when it comes to handling though. They are VERY soft and I cant tell you how many times i diced up the edges of my front tires going around corners too fast. Certainly not a track ready susupension but great on the freeway and in the city.

Good Luck!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ok well thats what i want them for i dont plan on tracking this car or road racing it at all in any maner. Its that my stock ones need to be desperatly changed since i think they are the original ones and c/o are about the same price as shocks and springs. plus its getting lowered and that will be nice cause the ride height right now just completly sucks. So im thinking about 2in for a drop height. Sound about right? how high is that on the strut. let me know? also with messing around with ride height how long it take to install?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
SoCal Crew Member

im not sure the exact amount of drop but 2in sounds close. i did slightly less in the rear.

For us the whole thing(including alignment) took us probably 12 hours. But like i said about presetting the springs before putting them in id put the fronts about a third of the way up and start there, the rears i would put maybe a quarter up and then bolt them in. Jet's friend did the alignment at the dealership and we kind of messed around which took some extra time. Id say total time if you do it right is probably more like 5-6 hours.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:46 AM
SoCal Crew Member

message replied.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
SoCal Crew Member

thanks mark and ty for the info so any one want to help with this install?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
SoCal Crew Member

those V-maxx did seem like decent stuff... how much are you spending mike? cause i may be able to get you a good deal on some Vogland C/O(w/takico's).... mine just came in monday... hope to have them on by the weekend!!!..

Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member

well im looking to spend around 650 cause thats what the vmaxx new go for and thats what i plan on buying. so if you can get them in that neighborhood that would be gr8

Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by JETSPEED333
those V-maxx did seem like decent stuff... how much are you spending mike? cause i may be able to get you a good deal on some Vogland C/O(w/takico's).... mine just came in monday... hope to have them on by the weekend!!!..
what kind of a deal are you talking about here? I might want to rub elbows to get in on this too...