Wheels and Tires Post up threads with questions about wheels and tires for your Audi here

Rims and Tires Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Rims and Tires Questions

I just bought an 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line with beautiful 18-inch, 15-spoke gunmetal rims and Goodyear Eagle F1s. I live in New Hampshire, where we can get a fair amount of snow, and my independent Audi shop suggests that get a second set of 17-inch rims with a more aggresive all-seasons on them. This will protect the 18's from the pounding winter can bring. First question: Are there any reliable after-market rim dealers out there? I've found a nice set on USARims site but have also seen some less than flattering comments about USARims. Mounting these will require centering rings, and I'm worried about vibration. Plus, the A4 door plate calls for 235/40/18 95Y. I have not yet found anything that says I can put 17s on this car. Second question: Is there an "aggressive" all-season that will work on the 18s. I don't want to ruin them because they "make" the car, but I don't want to mess with the maunfacturers recommended tire size...plus, it saves me dough and the hassle of a twice-a-year rim swap. Many thanks for any advice the Fourm can impart. Zelmo

Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi Zelmo,

If you are going to do a wheel swap to 17" in winter, I would suggest dedicated winter tires not all season. This will give you the best traction during the inclement weather. As far as the 18" tire options go, sure we have all seasons that will work and do very well. When it comes to the wheels we offer very nice wheels that will be a guaranteed fitment for your A4. If you have not heard of us at Tire Rack, I would welcome you to spend some time on our website. We have professional Automotive Engineers that work here and provide very detailed and specific fitment information our wheels.

I would be happy to help you further if you would like, just give me a call!