Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering noise, no bubbles or p/s fluid leaks

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Power steering noise, no bubbles or p/s fluid leaks

So I've been having one hell of a time with my p/s system. Replaced the pump, banjo bolt (from Audi, on pump to high pressure line), crush washers (from Audi) & fluid reservoir(which contains the filter). I used the green stuff (CHF11S) because I'm not a moron. There is NOT any leaking fluid now & there is NOT any air bubbles in the reservoir. I've been driving it now for 1000 miles since changing all of that (still no leaks/air bubbles) but when I hit 2,700 + RPM's I can hear the pump make a non previously present noise that coincides with an increase of RPM's. The Pump or belt or something still makes a high pitch noise when I turn the wheel at slow speeds. There is a new accessory belt (so we can rule that out) someone told me to try changing the accessory belt tension-er because the high pitched noise is the belt not tensioned enough slipping on the pump pulley. I'm really hating this POS car (I use to love it until this p/s b/s began) & I could really use any insight on WTF is going on with this thing. Thanks for your help if you decide to give me some!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 PM
1st Gear
Default P.S.

The Rack isn't leaking, I actually removed both boots and not one drop of PS fluid are in them. I put them back on correctly too so please rule that out as well.