Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son of a Clutch!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 AM
1st Gear
Default Son of a Clutch!

I was having a little hesitation...slight stutter/bump when moderately accelerating. Not super noticeable but you know how it is on your own car when something out of the ordinary starts to happen. Wondered if it was fuel filter, injectors, turbo....how do you diagnose!? But the other day I also accelerated hard while cruising at about 60 MPH and the RPM's increased without a pull, i.e., felt like slippage....then the rpms dropped and the car accelerated and the rpms correlated accordingly. Clutch? Clutch plates? Flywheel plate? DIY? Anyone know what it would cost to repair the clutch? Would the hesitation/stutter issue be related? It is a manual obviously.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM
3rd Gear

If the engine revs hard and the car does not accelerate, I would bet on the clutch. In my case, when they pulled it apart they also found they had to replace the FW. That was at 90k and I am now at 216k, so the stage 2 upgrade was a good investment. Clutch still shifts great but I think the synchros into first are getting a little dodgy.