General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

clutch engagment problem - rode clutch higher revs

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:44 PM
1st Gear
Default clutch engagment problem - rode clutch higher revs

Hi,

got Audi A4 B5 1.8Tq
was in car with my bro and wanted to show off a bit, so reved car bit more than normal, and also riding clutch, (not proud of it,but not that hard when pedal engages at very end) I don' think I reved it very long time, but when took off basically the car barely moved much, like the clutch was baerly engaging, a bit scary when cars could be coming up behind. Any ideas?? doesn't seem to be problem when more normal driving.

please don't scare me saying clutch is rooted unlessfairly sure on its way out, I mean just cos a bit hot clutch doesn't mean should barely let the car take off, maybe hydraulic problem?

Old 04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Default RE: clutch engagment problem - rode clutch higher revs

does the clutch slip now at all?

Old 04-28-2007, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: clutch engagment problem - rode clutch higher revs

the car is fine now as long as don't do the 'rev the car abit and maybe ride clutch when want to take off from standing start thing'

On the2nd occasion it occured;I recently reved the car, maybe rode clutch a littleandhad the same thing occur to a lesser extent, the car felt bogged down when driving off then it seemed to go away and soon the car started driving normal again whilst in the same gear.

When I say 'bogged down' it wasn't because I hard launched and didn't have enough torque-like what might typically happen when people take off hard in awd car, it seems more like the clutch just gets upset with a bit of reving take off & maybe with clutch riding on take off