General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Urgent! somebody has radio safe code decoder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Urgent! somebody has radio safe code decoder?

well I have symphony I was just trying to setup the ipod connectioin
after I unpluged cables

then realized that I dn't have the code....
hoping code is set to 0
it wasn't.....

I have serial
AUZ5Z4X0040851

does anyone has decoder that can get me the unlock code?
I can't live without music in my car... please someone help....

Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Urgent! somebody has radio safe code decoder?

Only way for you to fix it, is to go to the stealership and have them look up the code. If they can look it up on the computer, it should be free. That's the only way my friend.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

yeah see one of those decoder will work...
but when I tried to do the unlock code failed twice already

and instruction says
If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.

do I need to leave the key in there for one hour and radio on to clear and try again right?

Old 09-29-2007, 03:37 PM

plenty of sites to help this system requires the serial code from the radio so you have to take it out just type in radio decoding and they will take your eyeballs out, go to the dealers

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM

1st of all............try pulling out the radio and see if its written on the side or on the top of it, the 4 digit code....
2nd of all......if you phuqed up already with the code , unplug the battery then plug it back in and put the key in the ingition to the on position and let it sit there for like 2 hours , which lets you reset the code........3rd - code might be in the pamphlet...

do you have the code? or you trying to decode this biatch? this has happened to me numerous times, its maddd easy, mine was written on the top of the radio when i pull it out.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

mmmmm Ihave to see if here is any 4digit code around the radio.
I'll pull out the radio again and see.

yeah there is one person in audizine that can get me the code free, I pmed him. but haven't got reply yet since it's weekend.
I don't have no manual came with my A6. so basically only choice I have is
find the code around radio
find the decoder
go to stealership and pay........
wait that guy replys me....

ORIGINAL: zat0rsk1

1st of all............try pulling out the radio and see if its written on the side or on the top of it, the 4 digit code....
2nd of all......if you phuqed up already with the code , unplug the battery then plug it back in and put the key in the ingition to the on position and let it sit there for like 2 hours , which lets you reset the code........3rd - code might be in the pamphlet...

do you have the code? or you trying to decode this biatch? this has happened to me numerous times, its maddd easy, mine was written on the top of the radio when i pull it out.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:11 PM

I just purchased a 1988 90. The radio is in the SAFE mode. I understand the part about getting the code from the radio, but how and where do you enter the code?? Any help would be great. Also, there was no manual with this car, anybody happen to have one that would be available??

Old 10-07-2007, 02:14 PM

lets not cut the chase its either a dealer job or someone who can delete the code

Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Go with zat0rsk1's suggestion, and look in the user manuals that may be residing in your glove box, if you are lucky there will be a card in the folder with the code on it.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:30 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up One Phone call away

If you want the radio code for free you can call Audi USA and they will give you the code. You will need to call in with the radio Serial number (starts with AUZ) and the VIN number. They will give you a call back in an hour or so with the unlock code. The phone number is 1-800-822-2834. Also a place that I often find the code in in the trunk (within the wheel well for the spare tire). This is a place that is often overlooked. Sometimes this has been removed but is worth giving a look.

Last edited by mohohunter; 12-17-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added more information