Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 build

Hello, just got myself a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T FWD. Was curious whats the best website to get performance parts from.
Also what are some good mods for the car. I want it to be fast but also reliable.
Are their any good hand held tuners for it?

Old 07-21-2015, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear

I usually go to 3 places:
Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen Performance | AWE Tuning
034Motorsport - Performance Parts & Tuning for Audi & Volkswagen
OEM / Performance / Maintenance / Repair / Replacement Parts and kits for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche and Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

There is plenty of stuff to choose from to make the car faster, more stable and more fun to look at.

If your car is still stock I recommend for starters the following:

1. Cam follower replacement (won't make the car faster but more reliable). If this thing goes - half your engine could go with it. Not worth it playing with fire if the part is only 50 bucks. If you have the revised Camshaft then you don't need to worry about it that much anymore.
2. Blow off valve. The Diverter Valve is not that great (especially if you have the stock one). I like the BOV sound and got the Forge.
3. Cold Air Intake. Don't get a short one - make sure you have the one that goes around the engine to suck in "cold" air from the front. There are many different models out there - pick the one you like best, there isn't much difference.
4. Oil catch can. This supposedly help to prevent sludge buildup in then engine. Not sure if it it helps or not but I installed it pretty early and haven't had any issues yet. Furthermore you won't have any pcv valve issues anymore

After those basics you can think about going stage 1 with GIAC, APR or one of the other tuners. For stage 2 You need to modify the exhaust and get a bigger down-pipe (or go crazy and get a nice full exhaust from AWE). After that you are looking at a new high pressure fuel pump and bigger turbos.

Once you get past stage 1 it gets really expensive. However you pretty much have endless possibilities.