Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me build a car

Old 07-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Default Help me build a car

I am new to audi's so bare with me please. I am heavily into BMW's and have a quite a bit of knowledge on modding them since I have been doing it for quite some time and currently own one. Anyways, very soon I am getting an 1996-99 A4 1.8T Quattro (B5 I believe). I am going to work a bit on the engine first before I do the body and just wondering what you recommend. I was thinking of initially upgrading the turbo to a K04, performance software, cai, exhaust, injectors, fmic and so on. basically all of the bolt on goodies. Im not looking to build a killer machine here or anything just trying to get some good power out of what I have without spending all of my money haha. So here is where I need your help, as far as modding the engine, what products would you recommend and what kind of companies/sites are out there that you would recommend to purchase products from? Im trying to learn as much as I can about this car with what I have because I dont actually have the car yet. I want to be able to have the parts ready to go and know what I'm doing immmidiatly once I get the car. So yeah just asking for some help on what you guys think for modding the engine and where i can get the stuff. Any help you guys can give me i would really appreciate.
Thanks, deven

Old 07-31-2004, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Help me build a car

First of all, welcome to the forum dystynktracing!

This is a huge question...
It has several points/questions that have come up a lot in the past. Please check the archives for the basic answers. Then come back and ask more detailed questions. We will gladly help, but your question is asking for an enormous amount of info - most of which you can find in the archives.