Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Bluetooth... Phonebook categories/groups

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth... Phonebook categories/groups

I have an '07 A3 with the basic radio + bluetooth package...

I love the fact that I can access my phonebook right from my steering wheel but am wondering if there is any way to link the car to only a specific category/group of my contacts?

I have a blackberry which is constantly sync'd with my computer's outlook and thus has all of my business contacts... Basically people I barely call... and basically never call from the car... and there are a ton!

Ideally I would like to have the car only scroll through contacts categorized with just my Family/Friends groups... I know this is possible with some of the bluetooth systems out there but wanted to see if anyone had any luck with Audi's system.

thanks!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth... Phonebook categories/groups

Well I have only had my car for a week but the bluetooth is the first thing I played with and I dont think it is possible to do what you are asking.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

Go to http://www.jetwaremobile.com/and download their bluetooth utility. I believe it is compatible with your blackberry. It fixed a lot of connectivity issues I had with the car and allows you to designate categories to transfer to the car.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BearTrap

Go to http://www.jetwaremobile.com/and download their bluetooth utility. I believe it is compatible with your blackberry. It fixed a lot of connectivity issues I had with the car and allows you to designate categories to transfer to the car.
Thank you for that suggestion... its exactly what I am looking for... but isn't compatible with the Blackberry... I will check the blackberry forums now though to see if I can find a similar program... Will let everyone know.