Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Boost Gauge vs. Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:56 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Boost Gauge vs. Climate Control

This past weekend I saw A3Night's boost gauge, installed in the left most A/C vent. Very clean looking, and the vent still passes air; one just loses the ability to redirect the air flow. I am guessing that maybe the airflow is also reduced to a certain extent.

So I am looking for another place for a similarly clean install of the boost gauge. My idea, the left temperature control dial. This would require:

1. Running the wire to that location instead of the left vent, which probably is more difficult;
2. Reprogramming the right temperature control dial will control the temperature of both sides of the car, i.e., sacrificing dual-zone A/C,

Can this be done? Or vice versa (with respect to the left and right temperature control dials).

I am against sticking some sort of APEX'i display on the dash. That's too taxicab.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Boost Gauge vs. Climate Control

Here's an option for you AC lover. Hopefully they'll release one for the A3. If so I'll put oil and water temp in this one.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
1st Gear

Damn Shegzee guages A3night...

You reckon one would need em if you were driving say errr...S3 165kw's?

Layder...

Old 06-29-2006, 03:15 PM
SoCal Crew Member

do i REALLY need gauge for my A3?

what are my benefits?

how much would it cost?

Old 06-29-2006, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Audinam

do i REALLY need gauge for my A3?

what are my benefits?

how much would it cost?
Nam, don't worry about it, you don't have time to look at it anyway since you're too busy weaving traffic. Spend your money on bigger brakes!!! LOL

Old 06-29-2006, 07:12 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Chef

Nam, don't worry about it, you don't have time to look at it anyway since you're too busy weaving traffic. Spend your money on bigger brakes!!! LOL
yeah i should huh?! bigger breaks, maybe a parashoot in the back........ just in case. or maybe even two reverse mounted rockets on each side, that'll stop me quick.........

or maybe i should turn the rockets around and that'll shoot me off the line quick. ok...... i'll stop daydreaming now.