Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

More newbie questions

Old 06-01-2007, 01:40 AM
1st Gear
Default More newbie questions

Hey guys i currently own a 02 Z71 Avalanche with 148k on it and am lookin to possibly sell it. Im also on a avalanche forum so bear with me. At 14 mpg and 90 bucks to fill it up here in socal im looking for something better for my needs. I hardly ever take it offroad anymore because i like it looking clean and all i ever put in the bed is my 50lb sub. After reading a magazine on putting an oietter(forgot the rest) body kit on a A3 i have loved the look of the car. After reading up on it more i really like the entire package the car has to offer. But i have a few questions i hope u guys can help me out with.

First of all so i dont hurt my dreams too much im 6'5" and am wondering how much room there is for me. My first car was an accord that i fit in pretty well with only discomfort on long trips.
Second how good is the bose setup? my moms suburban has it and i think it is pretty good besides the lack of bass, which i know u can easily add an extra sub. Im wondering if i will be satisfied enough because unlike my alpine HU in my truck now, i love the sound but hate the aftermarket out of place look. Also is their anywhere like in the walls in the back to put like a small 10" and have it conceiled?
Third What kind of mileage are you guys getting after chipping? 600 bucks for 70+ hp just makes me giggle inside.
Last as far as options im looking for a used Misano red/ or white 2.0T with DSG. The only real option i want is the open skyandpossiblythe s-line package. Is it the sport worth it? All the other things such as HID, wheels, butt warmers, ect i think will be cheeper to add later and i can do that myself since i have in my truck already.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Default RE: More newbie questions

Welcome!

Come down to the GTG tomorrow and you can check out a lot of modified A3's. Personally, I like the Osir kit much better than the Oetty. Check out HERE for the Osir stuff. Too bad it would be like $3500 for everything in the kit, BEFORE you painted it the correct color. [:'(][]

All of the other questions can be gleamed from the Noob info like at the top of the forum, or click on my signature line.

Cheers!