Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Sport vs Premuim Package (please help)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Sport vs Premuim Package (please help)

(I am getting an A3 very soon.)

I can’t decide on which package, the sport or premium.

I know with the sport package I get better handling.
And with the premium, I get a few more conveniences such a power adjustable seats.

Is the handling really that much better with the sport package? Do I need those power seats or are the sport seats fine (what is the difference)???

>>>Thank you

Old 05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Default RE: Sport vs Premuim Package (please help)

Unless you've got to have the convenience items and power seats, go with the sport package. It definitely is much better. You'll love the suspension, improved tires, and really supportive leather seats. The rear spoiler is okay as well. Drive both styles and decide for yourself.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-15-2006, 04:27 AM
1st Gear

I have to disagree. I'd say, if you don't notice the difference in handling when you test drive, go with the premium package. For me at least, I know I like the idea of the "sport" package, but unless I track it or drive it pretty hard, I really wouldn't be getting my moneys worth. I don't think I notice the difference in handling enough to warrant the pricetag and really appreciate it as much as some here do. The little packages that you get with premium really make the difference between you loving your car and reaaaaally loving your car One man's opinion... But if you don't already know that you NEED the sport package, you'd probably be better off with premium.

But I'm also a bit biased, because I don't like the way spoilers look on most hatches, the A3 included.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

Anyone else have an opinion????

I'll test it myself, but did anyone notice a big difference in handling???

Old 05-15-2006, 01:30 PM
2nd Gear

Go with Sports + convience package... perfect compromise.

My experiences with sports package are good so far. I do NOT miss the power seats cause there slow as heck and are ugly. The sports seats are beautiful (the stitching) and have excellent hugging bolsters. However, I do have one complaint. I amm 5' 11' and weigh about 160lbs and the seats make my shoulder blades compress together and tires my back.

Now for handling. If your this concered about handling there are two options. Upgrade the suspension to some nice coilovers or go with factory sport suspension. I myself went with factory sports and never looked back. I'm not much of an after market guy/tuner and I would hate to play roulett with some mechanic changing out my suspension.

One thing I wish I had from the premium/convience package is TRIP COMPUTER! The display looks so lonely when I drive since its missing the trip computer. But I would never trade sports for a little computer.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 PM

To follow-up with my previous comment. I just recently added a REVO chip to the car and now the suspension still doesn't feel sporty enough. The current "sport" suspension is a good compromise between dampening road bumps but giving performance although the car can easily get pushed over it's limits, especially with any mods. I know also feel that I would like to have bigger brakes too. You need to have something good to slow the rocket down!

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A3Night

One thing I wish I had from the premium/convience package is TRIP COMPUTER! The display looks so lonely when I drive since its missing the trip computer. But I would never trade sports for a little computer.
I've heard that the trip computer's capability's have actually been installed on your car, just not activated. I'm not sure though... do a search on the vwvortex/fortitude forums for a DIY.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:41 PM
2nd Gear

I've heard rumors about this as well and I recall seeing a posting with more information in regards to this. THanks for the heads up... I'll be looking for this mod.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Sport vs Premium Package (please help)

its not a rumer its common sense Audi TT for instance they do the bog standard 180 hp and also do the 225 hp ( do you think they are the same mechanically ) well im sorry to disappoint you they are not, standard is what you get when you ask for it, sport is a totally different thing

Old 05-16-2006, 04:21 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Sport vs Premium Package (please help)

i'd have to say, just get what you like, go with your instinct. as for me, i'm running the sport package and about 90 mph on the sharp junction bridges here in San Diego, CA, when you're running 90 mph on a turn like that, the suspension really kicks in and the sport seats REALLY help keep you in place.