Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Stasis vs Koni??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Stasis vs Koni??

Found this deal on Stasis Streetsport Suspension on the VWforums.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3853530

Is this a good deal??

I heard Stasis is basically the same thing as Koni except Stasis has a better setting?
How does this work??

How would you guys compare Stasis to Koni, BILSTEIN PSS10 COILOVER KITS, KW V1/2/3??

base on my knowledge, if not considering the pricing, KW V3 > Stasis > Koni. Not sure where Bilstein, V2, and V1 would fit.

What do u guys think?

Edited:

Just found a Ksport V2 coilover deal too. Does anybody have these on their rides? How are these coilovers compare to others?

Old 05-25-2008, 12:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Stasis vs Koni??

A little help guys?

Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

Stasis Streetsports are Koni Coilovers preset by Stasis based on their significant tuning experience, for rebound and height.Stasis also addresses the weak spot in the Konis by replacing the front perch mount bearing with an HDPE (High-density Polyethylene). Koni is a major manufacturer, and these are not a budget setup by any means.

By all accounts the KW Var3s are the best street coilovers out there, and are adjustable for both compression and rebound. More adjustments does not equal best adjustments however, and most people frankly lack the skills and experience will to set them up properly, which takes hours of seat testing time and a lot of research into understanding vehicle handling dynamics.

KW V2s are a single adjustable shock like Konis, and V1s have fixed shock settings a la Bilstein/H&R.

(Full disclosure: My BMW autocross car hasDouble Adjustablecustom-valved Konis by TC KLine. and 90% of the tuning we do is on rebound setting - exactly what SA shocks allow you to tune)

Bilstein PSS9s only have two settings, soft and full hard. I can't speak for the PSS10s, hopefully they are better.

H&Rs are custom built Bilstein shocks with H&R springs, and shock damping is non-adjstable. The Club Sport versions are very stiff.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info panzrwagn!! i really appreciate it.
and Yea... i'll probably take V2 over V3 since i don't have much experience in setting the coilovers.
Regarding the Stasis coils, if it's reajusted and overall better than the Koni, why are they seemed to be slightly cheaper than the Koni coils?
The K-sport coils also have the ability of "36 way dampening and rebound adjustment." and they are having a big sale for the coils right now, which looks very attracting to me... But i'm concerned with their reliability since they are new to the market. Have you heard anything bought their coils?

thanks in advance.