Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Steering Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default Steering Mod

Just got my car vagged to adjust the steering boost to 0!

All I can say is wow. Now the review.

How it feels:
The steering wheel feels like a sports car wheel. Its a little heavier than a Porsche Boxter's wheel but I like. There is a hint of steering wheel boost that you can barely notice when you first turn the wheel 0.5 degrees but goes away after that. Now setting boost to 0 does not mean you get no power steering. Just think of a honda civic's steering wheel with 50% loss in the steering pump.

How it drives:
EXCELLENT! I hated the jumpy steering wheel when I was in corners. Now with the resistance of the new setting, I can dial in exactly how much turn in I want in my corners without having to think about little bumps in the road that might jar my hand. In the shopping malls and market parking situations is where it will take a toll. Turning the wheel with your non-dominant hand is doable but I find myself calling on my right had for aid several times. However, I think the audi's light steering is to blame as my forearm muscles probably got weaker after owning this car.

Final Impression:
I'll definatly keep it on 0. Audi's default for my car was 5 and it was way to easy to turn the car. I didn't like the fact that I could easily manage a u turn with a piece of dry spagetti. Others have said 3 was optimal but I felt that was just too light. Setting boost to 0 has made this a totally different car. I would def reccomend this to anyone who's a street carver or spirited driver.... but its also good enough for any daily drivers out there.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Steering Mod

Who did the VAG-COM for you? Dealer? T2T? Mine is set at 3 right now and I am thinking of lowering it to 2, or maybe even 1.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

Another member from another forum. He's a cool guy and is real professional in what he does. All he wants in return is your soul!

heh.. j/k Just a dontation for his expensive toy. I tried 3 as well but as I got faster I lost the resistance feeling. With 0, I feel the resistance in the steering from 0mph all the way up to 120mph on jamboree from the 5 to Barranca

Old 08-03-2006, 12:39 PM
2nd Gear

Can't answer that... try the other forum