Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Warranty

Hi,

Just looking for some information regarding the warrranty which is issued with a new car.

I have just recently bought an A3 4 door saloon 2015, in canada.

When i drove away from the dealeship they mention to just use supreme gas compared to regular.

If regular gas is used does this void the warranty at all?

Thanks

Old 04-27-2015, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not sure about the Warranty in Canada but in the US I've heard that they only "Warranty" it will void is the carbon cleanup job.
If you purchase only the premium grade gas (and document it all from the beginning!) they will honor the warranty to clean up carbon buildup if it should occur during warranty time and it it causes issues (like misfiring, etc).

I've never actually been in this situation so I cannot tell you but if you ever run into it - make sure you have receipts from every single "premium" gas station (like Shell, etc) you visited.

However if you are talking about the octane rating of the gas (called premium gas here as well - Europe calls is super or superplus) - that's a little different story. It could in theory damage the engine - especially with forced induction engines (turbo and supercharged engines). However I'm not sure how they will actually call you out on that if they only get that gas every 2nd or 3rd filling.
Let's be honest though you buy a premium car you should buy premium gas. Those few bucks you safe will cause lower mileage, loss of performance and sometimes even increased knocking (bad for the engine!). I would not take the risk of damaging my engine to save 5 bucks on a tank of gas.