Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Water laking into drivers footwell

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Default Water laking into drivers footwell

Help, i've got water comming in to the drivers footwell on the right hand side. Previously (18 months ago) i thought i had solved this by siliconing up around the fuse box under the windscreen scuttle but now this leaks driving me dispair.

This has been an ongoing problem since someone drove into the side of of me and i had the wing replaced. Since this time i have had the drivers door seal replaced and the windscreen renewed, but now its back. Im not a techy so am not sure of the correct names but , originally i found it to leaking in where the plastic housing the pedals meets the metal chasis. This was sealed up but now the water is comming in much higher. Today i removed the scuttle and the wiper mechs to check for leaks and i sealed around the bonet release cable entry into the car and around the fuse box, to the extent i silicond the lid on! The drains here are also clear.

Having been to the most useless audi dealeship in the uk who offer no advice and order wrong parts im and a loss to the source of the water. It is now entering higher up than i can reach somewhere in behind the dash above the pedals. I'm hoping someone may know if there are any possible entry points here, could it be water that had previously leaked int the fuse box under the windscreen scutte?

98 Audi 1.6 A3 3 door, right hand drive, 92k with plenty more left if i can fix leak.

Attached Thumbnails Water laking into drivers footwell-dsc00180.jpg   Water laking into drivers footwell-dsc00184.jpg