Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 B5 front speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Default RE: A4 B5 front speaker install

whether you use the adaptors or dynamat to mount, it's good to use dynamat or similarmaterial in the doors -mainly interior panel for sound deadening, to dampen vibrations etc. Note not generallygood idea to put material inside doors (like that white stuffing they put in speaker boxes or pillows)which can absorb water - rust.I don't know how sticky/strong that dynamat is, but ideally you want something solid to mount the speakers,usually screwed to metal if can. Also having air leaks around the speaker can cancel out the bass, don't want that!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:33 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: A4 B5 front speaker install

ORIGINAL: Matt_Iliketurbopull

whether you use the adaptors or dynamat to mount, it's good to use dynamat or similarmaterial in the doors -mainly interior panel for sound deadening, to dampen vibrations etc. Note not generallygood idea to put material inside doors (like that white stuffing they put in speaker boxes or pillows)which can absorb water - rust.I don't know how sticky/strong that dynamat is, but ideally you want something solid to mount the speakers,usually screwed to metal if can. Also having air leaks around the speaker can cancel out the bass, don't want that!
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the Dynamat thing either... the first time I did it. The stuff holds TIGHT, though... it took me over an hour to get my speakers out, when I got rid of the Type X's and went to the Focals. They are held incredibly tightly to the door, and they cannot move... as long as you do it like mine, no air would get past it either. It's crazy stuff, that Dynamat!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

The easiest and imho best adapter brackets are the outer rings from the old speakers. Takes just a few minutes to cut them out.