Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Arguments for new wheel due to pothole?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear
Default Any Arguments for new wheel due to pothole?

Hey guys, while i was driving my friend to the VW dealership so he could get his car i hit a HUGE pothole on Route 30. I think i might have cracked my wheel, im not sure at this moment but i am loosing AIR FAST! I just filled it and its already flat. Im going to check tmr, but if my wheel is cracked could i take a picture of the pothole i hit and wrote a statment would there be anyway they would buy me a new wheel?

Has anyone had any experence with this? I know mike from AWE tuning a while ago was telling me it happend to him and they replaced it.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Slut
Default RE: Any Arguments for new wheel due to pothole?

yea its very possible but sometimes hard to get done... my stepmother had two wheels and one tire replaced due to poor road condition... but then when it happened to me, they denied me because of some liability law... give it a shot and a picture of the exact pothole might help... BTW you probably just bent a lip in on the wheel... more likely then it being cracked... torch it and bang it back to shape... but only semi-aneel it if you do. (you dont want to destroy its structural integrity)

Old 01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
4th Gear

******* hate route 30
you can try taking a picture, getting a quote for a new wheel, and writting a letter but i'd say you probably dont have much of a case without a police report from the time of the incident.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:40 PM
2nd Gear

BUll ****. Damn pothole was HARD! yeah tell me about it, come to the area around Berwyn, wayne, Paoli.

HAAAAA Hell on a road.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 AM
5th Gear

daym that sux, there this road where i live and the whole thing is like mini speed bumps. everytime i drive on that road then get outa my car i feel like i have parkinson's disease or sm. not making fun of ppl with disease(s). plus it's a main street lol.
i think lazer might be right but it's worth a try. next time just ask yourself, would you walk home after falling down in a store and broke your leg then go sue? lol