Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Insurance company suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Auto Insurance company suggestion

State Farm is the # 1 insurance company! Ofcourse I'm a little partial for certain reasons.
[IMG][/IMG]
Full Coverage

Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

I recently changed over from being on my parents' policy with my old 90 and started my own rather aggressive policy with Allstate. After getting quotes from all the big companies (Geico, Nationwide, Allstate, Progressive, State Farm and a few others), Allstate was the lowest (~$508 was the web quote). FYI, GEICO was the highest at $598/6-months. I went into to start my policy and my premium was only $356 for six months so I was very glad it wasn't $508.

As far as my personal info: I am a 26 year old male working full-time, make between 50k and 60k/year, no accidents/tickets in the previous 5 years, only drive <5 miles to work each way, and all that jazz. The Allstate agent said the web quotes are a joke, basically, as evident by the $150 difference. I think the best thing you can do to get a good price is to be able to establish how long you've had continuous coverage when you get your own policy. This includes getting records from your current/previous insurance carriers and that will go a long way. The rest of the info (police records, credit scores, etc...) are all automatically gathered. The Allstate agent said they recently rolled out a new computer system that recently works with other insurance companies to get your insurance coverage automatically too.

I've never had to file a claim so I can't attest to their services but the price is pretty good.

Anyway, good luck.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: socalaudi

Why don't you just go on your dads current policy?
yeah...just go with your dads insurance policy...list your dad as a primary driver for the audi's (get full coverage) and list yourself as a primary driver for the toyota's ( get one1/2 coverage). This way should be much cheaper$ plus you still can drive the audi's no problems.

*1/2=uninsured motorist...you do live in so cal

good luck

Old 12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Hey proonthasnow, what were the details of the accident, unless they officially determine it was an uninsured motorist they may be using your collision portion of policy to cover the loss. In which case you should get a deductable back if hes found at fault, but it could take some time for your insurance company to subrogate against him or his insure for your deductable.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

Im 17, drive an 03 Audi A4 Quattro. Under my parents policy for full coverage, pay 2800$ a year, its brutal. No tickets, no accidents... just a young kid with a car labeled under "sports" and the price went up more because its 1.8T and not regular 4 cylinder. They'll find anyway to stick it up you, it sucks ***. Oh well... What can I do? I also have AAA coverage... I beleive.

AMZE
damn sounds to me that your a spoiled little bitch.. did mommy and daddy buy you that a4 and pay for your insurance and now your saying its brutal paying for it cause we all know a 17 yr old cannot afford that.....must be nice to have everything given to you....

Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

I'm 21, lost my license for speeding and put my audi under my parents name as there non-primary car. I have to be the primary driver of some vehicle so i'm insuring and owning a 94 toyota pickup. Full coverage on the audi is 550 a year... Sweet right? Look around, they'll try n rob you.