Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
AWE Vent Mount
41.67%
APR Vent Mount
33.33%
52mm Not Vent Mounted
25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Which Boost Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear
Default Which Boost Gauge?

So I'm about to pick up a gauge here before I get chipped and I'm not sure what I wanna get. I've looked at the AWE that replaces the vent, the APR that replaces the vent and then a 52mm either from AWE or APR.

Does anyone have some good input on this? I like the way AWE at least keeps the vent looking a bit more stock that what the APR in vent has. Could I just take a 52mm gauge and cut up my stock vent?

I guess I don't like paying the extra ~$100 for the in-vent gauge if I could just get a base gauge and do it myself.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:59 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Which Boost Gauge?

If you plan on selling the car later look into buying a vent pod or build your own. I opted not to spend the extra doe on the vent since its not in plane view anyways and I couldnt get the tan interior to match. I was about to create my own vent "pod" "hole" ? i dunno, but my GF kept telling me to not...So I eventually ended up finding a Screw to the lower right hand side of the dash under the steering wheel. It's hidden by a pop off piece of dash material. I created my own mount, the gauge is hidden from plain view, but I can see it directly through the lower right of the steering wheel when I need to check it. If you dont want to spend the doe, get creative and make your own contraption.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear

go vent, it looks nice

Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

I bought the VDO boost gauge that shows both boost and vacum. I mounted it in the vent using a 1 3/4 hole saw and a dremel. Really easy work and it looks professionaly done

Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 PM

I went the easy route...make sure you use a copper tube, the plastic crap some of them come with sux...here's a pis...it's by no means pretty, but it is very effective and easy to keep an eye on....I know I could go w a podi, but I spent 5$ on my mounting bracket and havn't had a problem....

cheap and easy...if not like this, i would have to say podi....I just dont want to look anywhere but my dash for my boost....

well, gl!...

Old 09-11-2007, 05:57 AM
1st Gear

Thats pretty good for 5$.

I couldn't handle being able to see the wires though...I mounted mine low figuring that i don't really need to stare at my boost all day. Just once in a while to make sure everything is going right, or when Im changing boost. And I didn't need people checking my car out thinking theres lots under the hood and they want to steal it...or the police for that matter. Cali police + anything racey....

Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 AM

that's a really good point acutally, I wouldn't mind keeping my guage on the down-low as well. I'll be going with the podi gauge and pod package when it finally arrives for the b5, but if I end up not liking the placement on the steering column I can always move the guage I guess.

do you have a pic of how you mounted your gauge, what?