Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CHIPPING AT TAPP AUTO IN OTTAWA

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: CHIPPING AT TAPP AUTO IN OTTAWA

Well I DID see that but since you knew Tapp Auto, I figured you might know Chris Tapp... I guess he's become quite popular round these parts.... COOL!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm local to the area and currently trying to figure out which chip to go for myself. In Ottawa, I know that we can get GIAC from Kompressor Kanada, and possibly APR through RJ Motors. Chris is pretty well respected around these parts so I'd imagine you'd get great service with his Eurodyne software. I think he used to be a Revo dealer until he started selling his own software. However, I probably will only go as far as chip with injectors with no plans to replace the stock K03 until it sings (which hopefully will be years down the road). So upgrading software down the road is too far out in the horizon for me to think about. Heck the car might be gone by then anyway.

One thing that is pulling me more towards GIAC and APR then Eurodyne is that they offer multi-programming. Ontop of the performance tune, I'd like to have the valet or anti-theft programs added.

So Pablo, what other software options have you been looking at? Decided on a DV yet? I'm thinking I'd go with the APR R1.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear

Well to be quite honest I am considering Chris Tapp's software but this will be a long way down the road as there are other priorities like Control arms, clear coat is peeling so I have to get that fixed and bills and such but I figured since I have the time between now and then I'll find out just how good Tapp's reflash is..... So far I have heard nothing but good things about it sooo I think the choice is pretty clear. Also, apparently Tapp will give you lifetime upgrades on your reflash in case it's reflashed at the dealer by accident or something like that. As far as DV goes I already bought a 710N from them... Honestly dude, I see no value in getting afancy metal one with adjustments and such.... I mean the thing was a BITCH To install due to the clips so I'll be dammed if I'm gonna get under there to adjust it every now and then. 710N is my choice.. Cheap, effective and easy to replacewhen it fails.

If you have the money to speand and really don't care, go for APR first, then GIAC. It all depends on your year Apparently B5's like APR and B6's like GIAC... I dunno.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:32 AM
4th Gear

haha, no.. he is getting pretty well know, especially with the b5 community