Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom intake with BOV....Idea for MAF

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 06:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Custom intake with BOV....Idea for MAF

I am about to make a custom intake with a cone filter. I know heat, heat, heat, but anyway I have a bigger heat shield and have duct cold air to the cone. My idea is that I want to install a BOV for the sound but also besides it making the car run rich I've heard it improves throttle response, etc... So here is the idea, if the car runs rich because the maf sensor is before the vented air then why not just move the MAF to the other side of the BOV like inbetween the intercooler and the intake mani. ??????? Would that not solve the running rich problem? I might just have to much time on my hands but what do you think

Old 07-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Default RE: Custom intake with BOV....Idea for MAF

get An apexi S-afcII it will trick the computer plus it looks cool and you can do a whole bunch of stuff with it. you can also use it to eliminate fuel cut if you decide to run more boost

Old 07-25-2004, 05:05 PM

HOw were you able to do that custum intake job b/c i need to do that

Old 07-25-2004, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: bfiveafour

I am about to make a custom intake with a cone filter. I know heat, heat, heat, but anyway I have a bigger heat shield and have duct cold air to the cone. My idea is that I want to install a BOV for the sound but also besides it making the car run rich I've heard it improves throttle response, etc... So here is the idea, if the car runs rich because the maf sensor is before the vented air then why not just move the MAF to the other side of the BOV like inbetween the intercooler and the intake mani. ??????? Would that not solve the running rich problem? I might just have to much time on my hands but what do you think
Sure... go ahead and try to move that massive MAF down the line. If you can do it with no other issues sneaking up on you, then you may have a great new mod. But, guess what? This question was addressed a couple of years ago. It wasn't practical nor effective due to the rest of the air:fuel ratio factors involved. If you put the MAF downline, as you suggest, then you have eliminated the new/fresh air intake values that are necessary for correct calculations.

BTW: Why do you think the BOV "...improves throttle response"??

Old 07-25-2004, 05:31 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: David_K

get An apexi S-afcII it will trick the computer plus it looks cool and you can do a whole bunch of stuff with it. you can also use it to eliminate fuel cut if you decide to run more boost
What are you talking about?

"....it will trick the computer plus it looks cool..."??
"....you can do a whole bunch of stuff with it."???

I don't want to "trick" my ecu.
There are a lot more functional items that can be installed into the engine that look cool.

Old 07-25-2004, 05:34 PM

sorry about that i sorta like to go the cheater route i understand that you value your cars also if you screw up with the AFC you cant destroy your engine once again sorry for that

Old 07-25-2004, 05:35 PM

oops correction you CAN DESTROY your engine that was a careless mistake by me

Old 07-25-2004, 05:58 PM
3rd Gear

Hehehe... no problem and no hard feelings bro.