Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! 98 A4 1.8t flashing CEL.Now No start

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Default Help!! 98 A4 1.8t flashing CEL.Now No start

Hey All
This is my first post. So last week driving home I Started to get the flashing Check engine light. Along with the misfire etc..etc.. after a few minutes it corrected itsself and the light went off completely. The next day it happened again so I parked the car. I had no access to a vag.com reader so After reading some forum posts I figured I would try the coil first.So...I went and got bent over by the stealership. I removed one of the coils and replaced it with a new one to see if it was that one I had planned on trying all of them. But
after removing the first coil the car wont start at all. So I read a little more and decided to Get an ICM b/c they seem to be a common problem with older A4 I.8t's Now I am at a total loss and really frustrated. Not to mention My water pump went on My 03 Gti 1.8t yummy week. :P Does anyone have any Suggestions ????Please
thanks

Old 12-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Default RE: Help!! 98 A4 1.8t flashing CEL.Now No start

get a friend to drive you to autozone, give them your drivers license, they will let you borrow a vag com, get the codes and report back.