Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HIDs work fine but errors on B6! Plus, here's DISCOUNT CODE for VisionBulbs HIDs!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:04 AM
1st Gear
Default HIDs work fine but errors on B6! Plus, here's DISCOUNT CODE for VisionBulbs HIDs!

So I purchased an HID conversion kit from VisionBulbs.com and had a friend with HID install experience
install them for me. They work great! BUT... When I start up my car and turn the lights on sometimes the
BRAKE, TRACTION and ABS lights come on my dash. Gets worse... then when that happens, my
speedometer, odometer, gas gauge and trip odometer malfunction. I can be driving 60MPH and the
spedo will show 0MPH (But the RPMs gauge works ok) And it will no longer update the status on
my gas tank.

If I turn off the car and then back on again the lights and errors disappear. And if I turn the lights
back on again, it can still be fine. BUT sometimes the errors come back when i turn them on.

Keep in mind that the HIDs and balastswere hooked up directly to the headlights and connectors previously
connected to the stock Halogen. And there is a set of wires that came in the kit that we didn't use. Maybe
it's a relay or harness of some kind? We think it's an optional cable if we wanted to hook up directly to the
battery and not the headlights. SHOULD WE HAVE USED THESE CABLES? Lights work fine without it.
Out of like 5 car start ups tonightthis has only been an issue twice tonight.

PLEASE HELP! The lights don't flicker either!!!!
Thanks!

To show my appreciation for your time, i am giving you my personal discount code
one of the employees gave me from VisionBulbsso you can order HIDs from VisionBulbs.com for only $200 shipped!

I ordered 8000k and they're smokin' hot!!!!!!!!!

DISCOUNT Code: REUBENHID

Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: HIDs work fine but errors on B6! Plus, here's DISCOUNT CODE for VisionBulbs HIDs!

lol - personal discount code - or just type in "audiforums" and get the same deal

sorry man can't help you, these things are plug and play. Shouldn't screw that much stuff up - your talkin a bunch of different systems being funked.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HIDs work fine but errors on B6! Plus, here's DISCOUNT CODE for VisionBulbs HIDs!

No, this is aDIFFERENT DISCOUNT CODE. Not the same code they gave before.
But you're welcome anyway.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

You save $20 more with this code I gave you than the AUDIFORUMS code silly.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Administrator

ya im stumped here also

Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

I ordered the same kit and installed mine. I didn't use that relay harness either and just hooked them up with the existing connectors. I have a B6 and don't have any of the problems you are talking about. Other than my radio goes a bit static'y while they are on I don't have too many problems.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

^ Whattttt? Radio static?! Man, just when I was going to purchase some... Anyone else have problems?

Old 02-23-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

Ok, so i connected the relay harness and it solved most of those weird problems.
But now I get a different sensor light go off, RIGHT DIPPED LIGHT and LEFT DIPPED LIGHT anytime i turn on the lights.
And once the TRACTION light came on but disappeared after i turned car off and then on again. Someone suggested I need
a resistor, is this true?