General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HIDs work but getting errors on B6- DISCOUNT CODE 4 U!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 AM
1st Gear
Default HIDs work but getting errors on B6- DISCOUNT CODE 4 U!

So I purchased an HID conversion kit from VisionBulbs.com and had a friend with HID install experience
install them for me. They work great! BUT... When I start up my car and turn the lights on sometimes the
BRAKE, TRACTION and ABS lights come on my dash. Gets worse... then when that happens, my
speedometer, odometer, gas gauge and trip odometer malfunction. I can be driving 60MPH and the
spedo will show 0MPH (But the RPMs gauge works ok) And it will no longer update the status on
my gas tank.

If I turn off the car and then back on again the lights and errors disappear. And if I turn the lights
back on again, it can still be fine. BUT sometimes the errors come back when i turn them on.

Keep in mind that the HIDs and balastswere hooked up directly to the headlights and connectors previously
connected to the stock Halogen. And there is a set of wires that came in the kit that we didn't use. Maybe
it's a relay or harness of some kind? We think it's an optional cable if we wanted to hook up directly to the
battery and not the headlights. SHOULD WE HAVE USED THESE CABLES? Lights work fine without it.
Out of like 5 car start ups tonightthis has only been an issue twice tonight.

PLEASE HELP! The lights don't flicker either!!!!
Thanks!

To show my appreciation for your time, i am giving you my personal discount code
one of the employees gave me from VisionBulbsso you can order HIDs from VisionBulbs.com for only $200 shipped!

I ordered 8000k and they're smokin' hot!!!!!!!!!

DISCOUNT Code: REUBENHID

Old 02-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Default RE: HIDs work but getting errors on B6- DISCOUNT CODE 4 U!

By the sound of it your getting a bad voltage spike partially due to cheap components. I think if you wire it directly to the battery and use the oem headlight wiring to signal the relay it should take care of the problem

Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 PM
3rd Gear

Your getting feedback. Either use the relay like they tell you, or put in a couple of diodes in line with the ballast.

If you don't take care of it, you may damage some other control unit in the car.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:18 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys! Will try that. By the way, the DISCOUNT CODE i gave you guys
offers a bigger DISCOUNTthan using AUDIFORUMS as the code. I got the new code from
VisionBulbs directly! Use it: REUBENHID. Instead of the old discount for $220, it's now $200 shipped!

Thanks again. And if you hear anything else, PM me!

Old 02-23-2007, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

Ok, so i connected the relay harness and it solved most of those weird problems.
But now different sensor lights go off, RIGHT DIPPED LIGHT and LEFT DIPPED LIGHT anytime i turn on the lights.
And once the TRACTION light came on but disappeared after i turned car off and then on again. Someone suggested I need
a resistor, is this true?

Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
4th Gear

It origonally used 55 watts and now uses 35 watts. A 7 ohm
resistor that can handle 20 watts in parallel is needed.