Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to change oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:20 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: how to change oil

Yeah, those belly pans are tough stuff.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:18 AM
1st Gear

Dont mean to jack your thread but just wondering.... someone said that all other oil filters are junk, only get the audi oem one??? Ive always used k&n filters and mobil 1 5000 natural oil in my chevys. 1st of all do they even make k&n for audis(specifically an a4 2.8 30v) and if they do, are they not good in audis? Ive never had any problem with them in my trucks and i usually go by the philophsy that you get what you pay for and they are the most expensive filters at the local auto parts stores, and of course that a lot of people swear by k&n air filters. Ok im done babbling. Thanks.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:33 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BadMajik

Dont mean to jack your thread but just wondering.... someone said that all other oil filters are junk, only get the audi oem one??? Ive always used k&n filters and mobil 1 5000 natural oil in my chevys. 1st of all do they even make k&n for audis(specifically an a4 2.8 30v) and if they do, are they not good in audis? Ive never had any problem with them in my trucks and i usually go by the philophsy that you get what you pay for and they are the most expensive filters at the local auto parts stores, and of course that a lot of people swear by k&n air filters. Ok im done babbling. Thanks.
they do, I have one on it right now, I will get you the number. I've be very happy with it. now the rest of you can give me hell about it.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: juice88

hahahahahah i spelled wait weight. and onepoint8tee, im not complete dumbass when it comes to cars
I would never suggest that you were a dumb *** when it comes to anything juice... I was busting your ***** because you deserved it..... But Im super duper happy for your accomplishments thus far, and look forward to hearing about future experiences. Let us know how the oil change goes!

Old 01-04-2006, 02:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

they do, I have one on it right now, I will get you the number. I've be very happy with it. now the rest of you can give me hell about it.
Ok I know this is kinda a dumb question but when you say you are happy with it, what do you mean, easier to install, cleaner oil, no leaks....ect. I like them because of the name obviously as I stated before and they have a nut on the top (my trucks did anyways) so they are sometimes easier to put in. Thanks for gettin the p/n for me, which is for a 2.8 30v right? Ok thanks.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:44 AM
4th Gear

yeah, well for a 2.8 12v but it should be the same, anyway the way I actualy found them was went the parts store to get an oilfilter. Yeah yeah, I know , you all don't like that, but I will let you know when I pass 200K miles. Anyway, they said they only had my oil filter in one brand, so I told the guy that I was gonna look through them and find one that I thought would match, (i've done this before on my old car to clear headers.) anyway, I know that I used a trailer hitch ball to test the tread diameter and count on the one that they said would fit and on all the ones that I was interested in, then just look at the o ring and make sure they are the same size. Havent had a prob yet. As for why I got the K&N, no I really don't need it for its racing qualitys but after looking at my other choises there at that store, It was the best on. I will still try and get you the p/n tomarrow or the next day. but you can try my redneck method yourself, hasn't faild me yet.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:58 PM
2nd Gear

where is the damn drain plug for the oil???

Old 01-07-2006, 12:04 AM
2nd Gear

ive got some where to be and i cant find the damn drain plug

Old 01-07-2006, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear

bottom of the oil pan

Old 01-07-2006, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear

like what does it look like? im not a mechanic