Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance pay off??? Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Default RE: Insurance pay off??? Need advice!

its up to the insurance company if they want to give u a check and to deal with everything, or they may recommend your car to one of there shops were they will handle the costs.

i got lucky and there insurance gave me a check and said cya. i ended up getting an s4 bumper and paying for the labor for them to put on and paint my rieger kit. but its all up to the insurance company.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: A4speed

its up to the insurance company if they want to give u a check and to deal with everything, or they may recommend your car to one of there shops were they will handle the costs.

i got lucky and there insurance gave me a check and said cya. i ended up getting an s4 bumper and paying for the labor for them to put on and paint my rieger kit. but its all up to the insurance company.
+1 for up to insurance company

i had the same issue with my s-10 and i asked them if i could have it cause i was going to do the work myself, they said ok, so whatever you get back - deductable and you would be good

all in all, just ask them for the check.......all they can do is say no

Old 11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Administrator

That depends on your insurance company. I have State Farm in NY, and they cut a check to me when another car of mine was hit. I went to the claims center, they assessed the damage, went inside, cut me a check, handed it to me, and said "there you go - go get your car fixed." Done. I have heard of other companies that do this, and some that don't. It's up to them. Best bet is to call and ask if it's an option.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Guru

my bro in law was driving my truck and got ran off the road, insurance guy came out in his van assased damage and cut check out of his van..... first time was i took it to body shop(well towed there) drove through fence and ran over tree..... 2 feet further right, i would of been dead

Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM
2nd Gear

i work for enterprise rent a car, insurance companies LOVE to get an estimate and cut u a check for the damage.. no rental car, u have to deal with the body shop and they dont care bout u... and it will always be higher than the estimate on a nicely damaged car because they will find more stuff once they dig in... and u already have ur money and settled so u r F***ed.....

let the ins co fix it...you can work with the body shop for any customization... if they find additional work to be done, they will email the ins co pics and get it approved..

Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the replies. If get a chance I'll post pics, you guys rock.