Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Brake Pads indicator 2006 A4 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 1Move
Kind of defeats a purpose of having brake pads with a sensor, crazyhawks idea will work but what heppens when the brake pads get worn down again? this way the sensors give you a pretty good idea that its time to change them! If he paid for the correct parts and the shop charged him i would not give them another penny and they have to fix the problem. Because now its an issue that wasnt there in the begining, and after you got the car back the shop didnt do a proper installation!! I would go back there and tell them to fix it or demand your money back, if they didnt know how to do it properly than they shouldnt have taken the car and said they could do it!! F uckin vaulchers!! I hate mechanic shops like that! similar thing happened to me and I demanded the money back and they tried everything not to give it to me and wouldnt give it to me the cost of the bill was something like $190 so I took the flat screen monitor right of their desk that they used!! Put it in my car and they couldnt do anything because they stole from me and cant call the cops!!! than they gave me my money back and they got their stupid monitor back!
Hi, thanks guys.i just bought a used Audi b7 2.0 Quattro . And I had to get someone to replace the brake pads.problem is I live in Accra, Ghana,West Africa and getting Audi parts is a HUGE problem.so they used a less worn out used brake pad without the 'socket' for the sensor.the brakes work perfectly now and I understand the importance of the sensors and hope to replace them frequently or have them checked when the brakes don't feel funny. But I just hate to see the low brake pad indicator.is there a way of getting it off.maybe something like CRAZYHAWK suggested.am not very mechanical so please bear with me.thanks in advance.