Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Malfunction Indicator Lamp and Revo software trial

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Malfunction Indicator Lamp and Revo software trial

Dear guys,
I have a problem that I am totally surprised by and need your comments.
I have a 2003 A4 1.8T 63k mileage. I went to the Revo dealer on Fri morning to check their software (I want to chip my car but not with soldered chip in the ECU but with the software program through the OBD)-they give 5hr complimentary trial to see if one likes it. So, they uploaded it and it notably improved what it was design toimprove. I was driving the car to Ca Sat morning and the program ended during our ride. Few hours post expiration (like 1-hr post)the MIL engine check light popped up and it is there since then. The engine works fine, no other visible signs of general malfunctions/problems. I called the dealer to ask what to do about it and if it is an emergency-I don't want to screw up the engine given the long ride home back to Boston from Toronto.
Dealer told me it is safe to drive it back as long as the LID does not flash. Could you confirm that? Everything is closed here until Wed and I need to head back Wed morning so not much time to have it diagnosed locally before departure home.
Given the timing of the LID showing up with regard to the software upload, I have a feeling that it may be related somehow. Has anyone had a similar experience with the chipping software? Is it possible that the software may cause some kind of electronic glitch resulting in MIL coming on?
I would very much apreciate your feedback, because I admit zero experience in this matter and handling an A4 overall (got it in October).
Thanks and Merry Xmas! So sorry to bother you around Xmas...
Martin

Old 12-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Default RE: Malfunction Indicator Lamp and Revo software trial

As long as the MIL isn't blinkin, you should be fine to drive it back, but you'll want to get it checked out afterwards.

You can go to a local autozone and they'll read the error code for you. If you get the code and post it here, we can tell you what it means.