Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Issue with hazards

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Odd Issue with hazards

Happy Holidays all.

I search but didn't find anything helpful.

My car was crashed over 6 months ago and now the car has be fixed and since it was sitting with a dead battery all this time. we gave it a new batt and it started right up BUT. we noticed that the hazards were going on such if the panic alarm was triggered. We started the car the the blinkers remained on, we shutdown the car the removed the key and it kept doing the same thing. We had to disconnect the batt to stop the hazards from blinking.

Could this be a problem with the immoblizer on the car being unprogrammed?

All lamps, fuses and wiring were inspected and all ok, we test the ecu with vag and a commerical shop tester. all came back clear. minus the communication link to the alarm horn, its had that since before the crash..

??? any ideas what would cause the hazards to just trigger non-stop, even if the car is on or off.

oh in case you are asking, yes we pressed the hazard button and all it did was slow down the rate of the blinking.

any help would be great. thanks in advance.

Nexus

Eddie

Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Odd Issue with hazards

well,

To help anyone in the future with this problem.

Could this be a problem with the immoblizer on the car being unprogrammed? YES!!!

will happen if you battery is unplugged for a very very long time.

the fix. stick the key in the door key hole. lock the car, wait 10 sec and unlock the car and start the engine. this worked for me.