Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Smell

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Oil Smell

Ok, just noticed this on my way to university. Once the engine was warm, everytime i stopped at a red light the interior would start smelling like something was burning. Like oil or something. Once you started driving the smell went away. Anyways, parked it at school and popped the hood while the engine was still running. Soon as I popped the hood i noticed a little bit of smoke or something rising from the passenger side of the engine right near the firewall. Removed the one plastic cover by the intake pipe, but couldn't see anything. Just that strong smell. Anyone have any ideas?? I just bought this car on Saturday and warranty is up this coming saturday. I'm getting a little worried about this car now. Check engine light came on on Sunday and has been on since and now this. Cars supposed to be going in on Friday.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:14 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Oil Smell

Well, just have the warranty fix it.
The check engine light being on is not a good sign. Make sure they fix everything!!!! Or return it!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear

go to your local AutoZone and have them read your code, after stillership fixes your car ask them what was wrong, they like to make stupid excuses like, bad gas quality or cap on your gas tank wasn’t close all the way… and stuff like that….

Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 PM
1st Gear

Just took it to audi now. Theres a definite oil leak from the passenger rear side of the engine. The cars going in on Monday for a complete run over. Oil leak, engine light, power-steering system, and drivetrain is being checked out. Hopefully after that this will be a good car. If not, i guess my time as an Audi owner will be short lived