Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Default seat question

hi, im new here. I have an 04 a4 1.8t. There isn't too much done to it, its black with black rims(just ordered new ones today that are flat black without the chrome lip like they are now), took off the resognators to allow for a better free flow but basically stock exhaust, and blacked out a few things. Anyways, i bought it with the black cloth interior with non-electric seats. I just got new leather/electric seats off ebay and put them in but had to manually power the motors to get the seats in a position to drive the car. I am looking for a wiring harness for the electric seats. Does anyone have any knowledge in this area? Any help would be great.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: seat question

I would just get something similar to an amp wiring kit and send wires from the bat to the seat. and hook it up in much the same way you manualy moved it. be sure its fused. and I would go with nothing small that a 30amp setup. also take your time, do it right. isulate everything. use that bush on electric tape on all connections. don't want as short from a half *** job catching your car on fire.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:28 AM

I was not able to move the seats via the switch. Im not completley sure why, but only connecting power directly to the motor worked. If i did route some wires from the battery to the switches it still wouldn't help because i can't get the switches to move the seat. I have tried all combos and nothing moves. I even clamped on to the 2 wires than went in one motor with the little harness that clicks onto the motor still hooked in to the motor but it would not go. The motor had to be unplugged for it to work. I guess ill just have to take it into the dealership and see if they have something to put in. Maybe they can order a wiring harness for me. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:06 AM

fit new switches and 15amp fuse switched live from the ignition will be enough to power the seats, im not 100% sure but I think the wiring loom is ready to take add ons like electric seats