Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should be easy

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:05 AM
Default should be easy

this should be easy. my 03 has developed a BOV sound and the boost seems to come on slower/later. where do i start looking??

barrett

Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 AM
Default RE: should be easy

Stock turbo? Stock DV?

Do a pressure check. Replace the stock DV.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 AM

yea stock k03 and DV. i dont want to rig up that pvc thing for a pressure test. anything else i can do??

barrett

Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 AM

even though your CEL may not be on you can go to autozone to see if theres any codes.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Administrator

I agree with A4Speed - go to AutoZone and scan your ECU, but seriously it sounds like your DV is going out on you. However it could be other things as well I'm sure. If you don't want to take the time to rig a pressure tester, then don't bother posting the problem here - just take the car to the shop. Posting up for solutions to your problem here implies that you're going to be investigating and troubleshooting the issue yourself, and that's how you'd go about doing that for the problem your car is having.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

I agree with A4Speed - go to AutoZone and scan your ECU, but seriously it sounds like your DV is going out on you. However it could be other things as well I'm sure. If you don't want to take the time to rig a pressure tester, then don't bother posting the problem here - just take the car to the shop. Posting up for solutions to your problem here implies that you're going to be investigating and troubleshooting the issue yourself, and that's how you'd go about doing that for the problem your car is having.
Damn man you made me feel like crap.....ill read up on a4mods and pressure test it when the rain stops. If it is the DV what are the odds that my certified preowned warrenty will cover a new 710N??

barrett

Old 11-24-2007, 02:13 PM

your warranty will only allow you to get another stock dv. if it is a bad dv, then I would buy one from Forge, theirs is very reliable.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Hey man, I'm sorry - I wasn't trying to come down on you like that - no offense intended in any way. It's just that most of us on here take a very hands-on approach with our cars and by posting up the type of questions you asked, it seemed that you were going to be tackling it yourself, so it was strange to then read that you didn't want to mess around with the pressure tester. But yeah, scan your ECU and do the pressure tester and it will likely confirm for you that the DV is on its way out.

Again, sorry to come across like I was dissing you - that was not my intention at all

Old 11-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Site Moderator

Audi CPO warranty doesn't cover DV's, i tried it on my S4 and the warranty depart. came down on me HARD.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

Hey man, I'm sorry - I wasn't trying to come down on you like that - no offense intended in any way. It's just that most of us on here take a very hands-on approach with our cars and by posting up the type of questions you asked, it seemed that you were going to be tackling it yourself, so it was strange to then read that you didn't want to mess around with the pressure tester. But yeah, scan your ECU and do the pressure tester and it will likely confirm for you that the DV is on its way out.

Again, sorry to come across like I was dissing you - that was not my intention at all
I know man, i was wanting to take a hands on approach while avoiding the pressure tester. Im a broke/swamped college student and really dont have the time to rig it up right now so i was wanting to find a way around it. oh well, looks like thats my reward for finishing this stupid paper today.

barrett